simple yet annoying problem!

beatlebryce

I was playing around with new themes and such for my computer, and after I while, I just got rid of it. I had used Stardock WIndowsBlinds for the new skins, but uninstalled it. Now, even when I change my background, the color background on my icons stays. Included is a screenshot of it

annoyinguq8.th.jpg

I know this is a simple thing, and I'm quite embarrassed for asking to begin with. Can anyone show me what to do? All I want is the normal background where you can still see the picture behind the icons; no color backing. Thanks in advance!

Just tried that, and it didn't work. It had been enabled before, so I disabled, and then re enabled it. Nothing changed. Thanks though

Right click Desktop > Arrange Icons By and see if Lock Web Items on Desktop is enabled. If it is, disable it, then do as before ... disable and then enable Use drop shadows for icon labels.

Don't you just love how intuitively obvious the Windows user interface is? :rolleyes:

An Arrange Icons By setting overrides System Advanced Performance Settings which control the appearance of icon labels :blink:

Glenn (the evil twin)