Windows 7 already in pipeline

DJpailo

Although it will be released in 2010 or probably later, its still worth discussion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7

Ok, its wikipedia, but its still worth the read.

http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/windows_7.asp

Paul Thurrott doesn't give much away either...

Are Microsoft really running out of ideas? Voice recognition improvements are still on the pipeline, but does that mean that we will slowly move away from keyboard and mice? I don't know about you, but I still prefer to type, rather then speak into a computer.

I'll stay with XP for now.

Vista is recource consuming and I don't think the security is OK.

Due to the fact that the windows code is growing I think it gets more diffucelt to secure it.

I think that Microsoft needs to create a OS witch was coded from zero and not start for there new OS from the code from the previous one.

If they start from zero I think they can create the same OS with less code and because of the less code also more secure.

But due to the cost of starting from zero I don't think they will do this!

The internet is wonderfull, only the 90% of crap on it isn't!

I love CCleaner IPB Image

If you don't like me, don't look at me or speak with me!

• Moderators
But due to the cost of starting from zero I don't think they will do this!

Even game developers realize when an old game engine is past it's time and they ditch and start new. What I'm interested in is what exactly is it that Dell's going to do since they have plans to sell computers with both Windows and Linux on them.

Even game developers realize when an old game engine is past it's time and they ditch and start new. What I'm interested in is what exactly is it that Dell's going to do since they have plans to sell computers with both Windows and Linux on them.

Answer: Sell what they can, and take the money and RUN :lol:

Joking aside any PC seller will follow the trend that makes them the most money in the short term - the rest is bull and hype.

Unfortunately it is true of many consumer goods these days.

• Moderators
Answer: Sell what they can, and take the money and RUN :lol:

Joking aside any PC seller will follow the trend that makes them the most money in the short term - the rest is bull and hype.

Unfortunately it is true of many consumer goods these days.

True. Too bad the fantasy of Star Trek where monitory gains are a thing of the past isn't reality, who knows maybe it will be one day and people can just try to better themselves.

I'll stay with XP for now.

Vista is recource consuming and I don't think the security is OK.

I agree. Windows XP SP-2 on its own, is probably not as secure as Vista, but with various programmes like AVG, a firewall and firefox for example, it can be very secure for the average home user.

I think Microsoft still don't provide decent security in their systems. They till do not provide an anti-virus product for consumers, and they had to buy an anti-malware product from GIANT (although they made it very good), I can't help but see some laziness there.