Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

From the main page:

No mentioning of Windows Vista in that.

This is the reason for my question:

http://forums.clamwin.com/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=vista

But, I'm a little skeptical about it. Like you said, there's no mentioning of Windows Vista on the supported OS's list. Thanx for the reply Andavari.

It doesn't seem to mention vista here, the latest release at the end of July

http://sourceforge.net/projects/clamwin/

Also there is this about the portable version on vista

http://portableapps.com/node/4889

Thanx for the links hazelnut.

Windows Vista is really starting to piss me off. Where are the Firewalls for Windows Vista?! I've been reading that the release ZoneAlarm made had some issues. Comodo doesn't have a Windows Vista version. Is Jetico Firewall any good? There's a Windows Vista version on the site. Anyway, the laptop brought McAfee Security Suite 2006, which seems to be doing absolutely nothing. I don't trust the virus scan, and less could I trust the 'firewall'. I've been thinking about unistalling the Suite and installing Avira AV Classic and Jetico. What would you recommend?

public void dammit() {

damn.cmon(forYou);

damn.delete(You);

System.out.println("Mwuhahahaha");

}

• Moderators

Why not use the two-way firewall that Vista comes with?

I don't if Jetico firewall is good or not, I personally didn't like it myself but I haven't tested it for like two years now. If there isn't much else available on Vista I suppose beggars can't be choosy. You can always test it once installed at:

Well all three of the "A" lettered free anti-virus softwares as well as PC Tools Free Antivirus all support Vista.

For what its worth I use the built in Firewall that comes with Vista in conjunction with a program called Vista firewall control.

http://sphinx-soft.com/Vista/index.html

It allows you to control outgoing connections program by program. A popup box will appear asking you whether you want to enable or disable a programs access to the net.

(Apparently you can do this yourself with the Vista firewall, but its only for the technically savvy.)

Remember, its more of an add-on to the Firewall, not a replacement, so you will need to leave the windows firewall ON.

It works well and its free. I have been using this setup for over 6 months, and I'm quite happy. I don't feel its necessary to use any other Firewall.

Hope this helps

When are you guys going to learn that any default software that comes with Winows is never going to be as good as third-party software. I would strongly advise you against using the built in firewall in any windows installation. Instead, use something like LnS or Jetico version 2. Free is not always the answer. And, in the case of security related products, it is always never worth it.

When are you guys going to learn that any default software that comes with Winows is never going to be as good as third-party software.

Prehaps. A lot of third party software now seems totally bloated to me. They try to bundle antispyware, antivirus, and Firewall protection into one. You could argue, the third party commercial software has become as bloated as the windows software everyone slags off relentlessly. I have tried it once and it slowed my PC down and caused unexpected problems.

Sure, the free stuff will never match the complexity of the commercial software, but then again if it has never let me down, then why would I want to pay extra for features I can bearly understand? I haven't had a virus or any malware for years - and my surfing habits aren't exactly holier-than-thou.

Its horses for courses. As with any operating system, browser, or security software, if it works for you, I'm happy.

The free stuff has worked well for me -I'm not going to start paying out money for commercial software when I have no reason to.

More isn't always better.

Prehaps. A lot of third party software now seems totally bloated to me. .

..and the Windows Vista GUI/OS isn't bloated? I thought Windows XP was bloated until I read about Vista. MS should have just improved on the Windows 2000 Pro platform (which is probably more secure) and the closest system they had to Linux. Instead of developing the best FREE antivirus/antispyware programs and a secure firewall, Microsoft keeps issuing new operating systems. Of course I understand that time marches on, but it seems as if the heavy technical users who could provide the most advanced feedback to Microsoft are all dabbling in Linux/Ubuntu because it's a more secure platform. In its quest to develop the fastest OS, with the quickest boot time and the prettiest screen, MS often neglects the fact that software won't be available for it until they're close to issuing a new OS, while security updates roll off their servers almost as fast as the latest NOD32/Antivir/KasperskyAVG/Avast/Norton/Mcafee/Bitdefender signature updates. At the rate we're all going with our security programs that protect these operating systems, personal computer time will be a luxury that can only be enjoyed in between all the auto security updates, and antispware/antivirus/rootkit scans we have scheduled.

ClamWin has been bought out to a private company. Its hardly equivilant to Kaspersky anyway.

I'll take the pepsi challenge on the Vista firewall vs another brand firewall. Tell me exactly what features are missing in the Vista firewall?

Much 3rd party software is poorly tested and does not have good penetration. I have been using Vista since the CTP pre beta release and apart from over a million involved in testing it before RTM........there is now many millions using it.

The easiest way to messup a Vista install is to stuff it full of bad drivers and craptastic user mode software.

One way to have Clam work in Vista (32bit only)is to use SpywareTerminator AS, which (optionally) includes Clam AV, and WSG toolbar. (I have installed neither.)

Doesn't replace a "normal" AV program however, my understanding is that it used the Clam definitions via the ST scanning engine, which is resident.

Some users have reported problems getting Clam to start, I think they are the minority.