"Recovered 0 files in 0.000 sec."

stevegu

Can you tell me if you get the same result on all files or is it just that particular one?

on several files (each one i have tried)

and here is my PM response:

~~~~~~~~~~

thanks

so i re-ran the scan with the new test 1.03.10 prog and had weird results - it showed all of my previously excellent recoverable files overwritten by a "bad cluster" - i thought that was unlikely, but decided to make a copy of a good file "MadMoney-594619-0.mpg" - and code it with XXX at front and end to be sure it was the same file - i deleted it from trash and then ran recuva - sure enough it showed it as also being overwritten by a bad cluster - (see attached recuva2.jpg)

post-15122-1186782297_thumb.jpg

now i did nothing between deleting the copy file and running the new recuva version, so bad cluster overwrite is very unlikely

i also ran a windows scan for bad clusters on my Q drive and found no problems

i then ran recuva in debug mode and they found them to all be "excellent" status - so i tried to recover them but got the same previous "recovered 0 files" message (see attached recuva3.jpg)

post-15122-1186782314_thumb.jpg

and there was no error log file generated to attach

fwiw, the previous versions of recuva seemed to work fine

since we are doing this PM, i can't seem to upload the jpgs, so will do it in the forum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

on several files (each one i have tried)

and here is my PM response:

~~~~~~~~~~

thanks

so i re-ran the scan with the new test 1.03.10 prog and had weird results - it showed all of my previously excellent recoverable files overwritten by a "bad cluster" - i thought that was unlikely, but decided to make a copy of a good file "MadMoney-594619-0.mpg" - and code it with XXX at front and end to be sure it was the same file - i deleted it from trash and then ran recuva - sure enough it showed it as also being overwritten by a bad cluster - (see attached recuva2.jpg)

post-15122-1186782297_thumb.jpg

now i did nothing between deleting the copy file and running the new recuva version, so bad cluster overwrite is very unlikely

i also ran a windows scan for bad clusters on my Q drive and found no problems

i then ran recuva in debug mode and they found them to all be "excellent" status - so i tried to recover them but got the same previous "recovered 0 files" message (see attached recuva3.jpg)

post-15122-1186782314_thumb.jpg

and there was no error log file generated to attach

fwiw, the previous versions of recuva seemed to work fine

since we are doing this PM, i can't seem to upload the jpgs, so will do it in the forum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

just checking in if you got my response and if there is maybe any solution pending?

thx

steve

just checking in if you got my response and if there is maybe any solution pending?

thx

steve

just wanted to report that i uninstalled the 103.100 final version and re-installed the rcsetup101.exe beta (thankfully i saved those install progs since earlier versions do not seem to be on available on the recuva website) and i ran the old version - it took much longer to search the drive and find deleted files (about 1 minute vs several seconds for the newer version) and then it recovered the file perfectly (in about 5 minutes for a 985MB file to be copied onto a different drive)

thanks for a great product (version 101) and i hope that the new version gets the new bugs worked out!

best

steve

just wanted to report that i uninstalled the 103.100 final version and re-installed the rcsetup101.exe beta (thankfully i saved those install progs since earlier versions do not seem to be on available on the recuva website) and i ran the old version - it took much longer to search the drive and find deleted files (about 1 minute vs several seconds for the newer version) and then it recovered the file perfectly (in about 5 minutes for a 985MB file to be copied onto a different drive)

thanks for a great product (version 101) and i hope that the new version gets the new bugs worked out!

best

steve

correction, the initial scan took about 4 minutes and the recuva took about 6 minutes - one thing i noticed though, the 101 version found the file i wanted to recover to be in an incorrect SUB folder of where it was actually deleted from, and not in the actual correct folder that it was deleted from - it still recovered it perfectly correctly though from that subfolder

see attached jpg

post-15122-1187067354_thumb.jpg