Just asking WHO LIVES IN AUSTRALIA

tregdftreter

• Moderators
At my age the only physical game I play when having a few beers is darts.And believe me, even that wears me out. :huh:

98.gif

Can't remember the last time I played darts. Good grief, so long ago Humpty.

I do remember the last time I played snooker. Off topic here moderators, but this story has to be told.

I was a bloody good club player, lots of trophies etc, and knocking in 100+ breaks. Then one day I got down to play a shot, and I took a bit longer than normal to actually cue through the white ball.

For whatever reason, over the next couple of months, it got progressively worse until my right arm would just freeze as I drew back to strike through the cue ball. This went on for some time, and I was practically tearing shoulder muscles trying to play a shot.

Ended up on that s***ty day I remember so well by snapping my cue across my knee. This was a 20 year old ash cue. Still perfectly straight.

Never played again, but I do regret snapping the cue. Could have sold it.

Happens to darts players, Eric Bristow for one, (halfway down the page, dartitis). Happens to pro golfers, and there was an Irish snooker pro called Patsy Fagan who froze trying to play a shot with the rest.

There's worse things in life, but believe me, it was a real downer. ;)

But, onwards and upwards they say. Took up mountain biking. Lost about 4 stone and a beer belly which cost a fortune over the years to nurture. So it wasn't all bad. :)

End of rant.

• Moderators
A little help for you here on the other side of the water. Lots more colours

http://www.titansports.co.uk/rules/snooker.htm

That's helpful. I learned how to play pool in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas of all places (a video game taught me how to play an age old billiards game). :rolleyes: My father is a pool guru of sorts that nobody in their correct frame of mind would take on, why he didn't go pro I don't understand, and I find it strange that he never taught me to play it.