Recuva Usage ?

Rob J_007

How do you use "RECUVA" well, if after the scan you get a bunch of gobbley gook and not know what the original with it was?? Wat's the point of something that doesn't name the deleted program by it's app names? How do you know what you want to recover?

Anybody???

Rob J.

well... in order to find something, you must know what you're looking for...

the names you are actually seeing are the original file names. it's the same name they had when they were on your computer. the file names don't get changed.

when you say 'gobbley gook' names, do you mean files like: DDappQs.ocx, CTFsooftyk.dll, and other similar confusing names?

if so, files like these are most likely modules, cfgs, and other things that were needed to run APPs/programs that you used to have.. you probably don't need to be recovering these for any reason :P they are coded files used by programs, so they can run correctly.. these files would be useless to you.

if you just randomly search through all of your deleted files, you are going to see a lot of "gobbley gook" file names :)

what exactly are you looking for? a text file? a picture image? a song?

if you are trying to recover a certain text file, for instance, type in .txt in search box.. it will automatically find all deleted text files

for songs, search for .mp3

for pictures, try .jpg or .bmp

I guess I'm confused, too.

I just created a Word document named "tom.doc" I saved it to my "D Drive" and then deleted it, and emptied the recycle bin.

When I ran Recuva for that drive, I saw a file named Di8.doc and sure enough, it was the deleted file. I have no idea why the name was changed.

But searching for the specific file "tom.doc" did not produce anything.

Any thoughts?