What is your favourite sport and team?

Robbie

• Moderators

:lol: Hi Robbie, I'm pleased I'm not a football fan, although Roy Keane is doing a good job, but unfortunately the Premiership is another planet, and they don't have Premiership quality in the side, yet.

The Boro. I hate that area of the country, and sadly anything that goes with it.

With your new manager and recent signings, there may be some silverware in the cabinet at the end of the season, for a change. :P

Edit: For my sons sake I hope so.

• Moderators
Here we go again. I can't see a picture. :angry:

I like most motor sports, but head and shoulders above everything are Motogp and Superbikes.

Almost forgot: The Isle Of Man TT Race:

Scariest racing on the planet.

It was probably edited out by a mod. Too bad you missed it. :P

I used to mostly watch superbike racing many moons ago. I still like to see The Isle Of Man TT race on TV if and when it's shown, but I've missed it for several years now. It's indeed a scary looking race. If I was a skilled enough rider to not get killed doing it, it would be one hell of a rush to participate in - but some of the stuff those riders do is enough to make common folk poop their pants.

I'm with Andavari in terms of THE best sport ever - Formula One - there is no other sport that can make me ignore the rest of life (and get up at 3am to watch it!)

I'm just back from the British Grand Prix (alright, back a month), but boy! What a time - the atmosphere ...! Anyway, that's two under my belt - Indy & GB - next stop China (maybe!)

There is no other sport that get's my hackles up - only F1 !!!

Go Hammy !!!!!!

• Moderators
Go Hammy !!!!!!

L.H. could very well be the next F1 world champion. And I do wish the commentary in the U.S. would stop calling him black this and black that, who the hell cares what colour his skin is - just call him a good driver that's what he is, and when he wins the world championship he'll be the best driver.

He's the next Schumacher in my opinion so long as he always has a good and reliable car underneath him!

Which one of these sports is the most popular in the USA; Basketball (NBA), Football (NFL) or Baseball?

I would agree that football is the most popular. Years ago it would have been baseball but with all the steroid allegations and strikes that has happened, it has fell off. I also think it depends on what part of the country you live in. I live in NC so college basketball is huge here but we also have two juggernaut teams here in our backyard!

College basketball for me closely followed by American Football.

Hockey all the way! As a born and bred Canadian its basically instilled to us from before we can walk. I was skating on the pond when I was 3. As for fav team, its the Edmonton Oilers, however the next few years are going to be rough. Golf and Tennis are great too, but they're much too elitist for us blue collar workers.

He's the next Schumacher in my opinion so long as he always has a good and reliable car underneath him!

You know, when I see him drive (Hamilton), I see so much Senna - both in his driving style & his attitude to the sport - and that alone already makes him a legend in my opinion.

• Moderators
You know, when I see him drive (Hamilton), I see so much Senna - both in his driving style & his attitude to the sport - and that alone already makes him a legend in my opinion.

Speaking of driving style I absolutely love how he'll just slide the car around! That really puts some excitement into watching the practice sessions with the most memorable being all the sliding he was doing on the narrows streets of Monaco during the practice session.