What is your favourite sport and team?

Robbie

I'm sure this will have been done as a thread in the past, but in case not...

What is your favourite sport and in that sport what is the team (or individual if it is, eg tennis) that you prefer?

I'll start...

My favourite sport is football, the soccer variety, and my favourite team is Newcastle United (the team badge is in my avatar), I've supported them all my life and they are my local team, and play in the English Premiership.

My favorite sport is definitely surfing. A few of my fave surfers are Shane Dorian, Lisa Andersen, Sophie Mulanovich, Joel Tudor, Keala Kennelly, and Kassia Meador. :)

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Formula 1 is the sport. The team would currently have to be McLaren Mercedes because of the British driving phenomenon Lewis Hamilton who is leading the championship in his "rookie" year, and in my opinion is possibly the answer to what is Formula 1 after Michael Schumacher.

How about Kimi R?ikk?nen? Here's from Finland like i.

You live in USA, so how come you don't prefer i.e. Cart or Nascar?

• Moderators
How about Kimi R?ikk?nen? Here's from Finland like i.

You live in USA, so how come you don't prefer i.e. Cart or Nascar?

Kimi is alright!

Because I much prefer European forms of racing from the cars, manufacturers, etc.

I could care less about Champ Car (formerly CART). Don't get me started on Nascar which I can't stand one bit and will never be a fan of nor watch. My interests and focus are in two FIA series; Formula 1, and World Rally Championship.

It would be nice if they'd show more British Rally Cross and Australian V8 Supercars racing here on U.S. T.V. That's wishful thinking since most channels cater to Nascar, and have Nascar lodged so far up their collective asses they wouldn't know of any other racing.

Kimi is alright!

Because I much prefer European forms of racing from the cars, manufacturers, etc.

I could care less about Champ Car (formerly CART). Don't get me started on Nascar which I can't stand one bit and will never be a fan of nor watch. My interests and focus are in two FIA series; Formula 1, and World Rally Championship.

It would be nice if they'd show more British Rally Cross and Australian V8 Supercars racing here on U.S. T.V. That's wishful thinking since most channels cater to Nascar, and have Nascar lodged so far up their collective asses they wouldn't know of any other racing.

I know what you mean about Nascar, I'm not a big fan either, however, my brother loves it and watches it every weekend. Is it the race itself, or the drivers and how the race is presented you don't like about it. To me it's just plain boring. It's a redneck haven and I couldn't stand to attend one of those races..lol I'll watch it on TV on occasion, but that's it. I'll take a good football game any day of the week.

My interests and focus are in two FIA series; Formula 1, and World Rally Championship.

Marcus Gr?nholm is on his way to Championship. He's from Finland also. Finland is racing country and we got many Rally World Championships and couple of F1 World Championships (Keke Rosberg 1 and Mika H?kkinen 2).

• Moderators
Is it the race itself, or the drivers and how the race is presented you don't like about it.

LOL you already pretty much answered it in this sentence:

"It's a redneck haven and I couldn't stand to attend one of those races"

• Moderators
Marcus Gr?nholm is on his way to Championship. He's from Finland also. Finland is racing country and we got many Rally World Championships and couple of F1 World Championships (Keke Rosberg 1 and Mika H?kkinen 2).

Finnish people from what I've seen produce some very good race car drivers. Then again you have those very snow filled winters so there's no choice but to become a good driver. I wish they'd start to show WRC on T.V. here in U.S. again, I haven't seen it in a long while now. The WRC was becoming my favourite auto racing series then poof they took it off T.V. :(

• Moderators
Which one of these sports is the most popular in the USA; Basketball (NBA), Football (NFL) or Baseball?

You're asking the wrong person because I don't follow any ball sports here in the U.S. at all, it's always been auto racing for me from when I was a young child. Actually I'd rather watch pro wrestling than any of the domestic ball sports.

Hmmm...... my bet would be F1 and WRC.

In F1, I kinda like 2 teams, Ferrari and the team where Alonso and Hamilton goes :P

I'm still not sure in WRC, sometimes results are completely random for me :(

I can imagine that WRC is not so popular in the USA.

Which one of these sports is the most popular in the USA; Basketball (NBA), Football (NFL) or Baseball?

I would say Football is the most popular in the US. Basketball and Baseball are pretty even. Tennis and Soccer is the lowest in popularity, then of course Underwater Basket Weaving comes in dead last. :lol:

Tennis...Well I loved to see Anna Kournikova playing. But it's ok, there's Maria Sharapova or something now hehe. Agassi, Pete Sampras, etc...

public void dammit() {

damn.cmon(forYou);

damn.delete(You);

System.out.println("Mwuhahahaha");

}

Australian Rules Football "Aussie Rules" Saintkilda Football Club.

The Mighty Saints 165fs298025.jpg Go Saints Go!!!

Tennis...Well I loved to see Anna Kournikova playing. But it's ok, there's Maria Sharapova or something now hehe. Agassi, Pete Sampras, etc...

Amen to Anna Kournikova!! Anna used to practice here in Florida close to where I live at the Bollettieri Tennis Academy. I knew I should've taken up tennis!!

anna.gif

• Moderators
Yeah, from that picture she's got a pair on her - legs that is. ;)

Here we go again. I can't see a picture. :angry:

Anyway, I like most motor sports, but head and shoulders above everything are Motogp and Superbikes.

The speed, the close racing, the gut wrenching 180mph spills, it has everything. I still watch F1, but not as big a fan as I used to be.

Too much of a procession. Main excitement is in qualifying, and I wish it was different. It could be so much better. ;)

Love WRC, but very limited coverage in the UK. 30 min highlights is the best we get.

Almost forgot: The Isle Of Man TT Race:

Scariest racing on the planet.

If you haven't seen this before, watch the 26mb (best quality) video at the bottom of the page. Mind blowing.

Here we go again. I can't see a picture. :angry:

Anyway, I like most motor sports, but head and shoulders above everything are Motogp and Superbikes.

The speed, the close racing, the gut wrenching 180mph spills, it has everything. I still watch F1, but not as big a fan as I used to be.

Too much of a procession. Main excitement is in qualifying, and I wish it was different. It could be so much better. ;)

Love WRC, but very limited coverage in the UK. 30 min highlights is the best we get.

Almost forgot: The Isle Of Man TT Race:

Scariest racing on the planet.

If you haven't seen this before, watch the 26mb (best quality) video at the bottom of the page. Mind blowing.

do you not like football Dennis? Given where you live I thought you might have been a Boro fan? As long as it's not Sunderland!