AVG Antispyware

MaDonna

Has anyone else had a problem with AVG AS and having to re-install after re-booting? I run CCleaner every night before I shut down and most every morning I have to re-install AVG. I cleared the AVG box in CC. AVG doesn't seem to be able to help me so far, so I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. The error message says"

Connection to service failed. Please re-install AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5.

Has anyone else had a problem with AVG AS and having to re-install after re-booting? I run CCleaner every night before I shut down and most every morning I have to re-install AVG. I cleared the AVG box in CC. AVG doesn't seem to be able to help me so far, so I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. The error message says"

Connection to service failed. Please re-install AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5.

?

You?have?disabled?the?AVG?Guard?in?Windows Services. I get the same message when I disable the service and try to start AVG AS. Go into services and start the AVG AS Guard Service when you want to run AVG AS.

Thanks, but how do I go about doing that?

You have disabled the AVG Guard in Windows Services. I get the same message when I disable the service and try to start AVG AS. Go into services and start the AVG AS Guard Service when you want to run AVG AS.

Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->Services. Look in the list of services for AVG Anti Spyware Guard. Double click it and a dialog box opens. You will see two buttons, stop and start, select start to start the service. You will see a drop down box as well called "start up type". Select "Automatic". Now the service is running and will start with the computer. Personally I don't like it running all the time so I go through that procedure I just explained when I want to use AVG AS to do a scan which is about once a week.

If this doesn't fix the problem than I don't know. I know when I disable the service and try to run AVG AS I get the message you are getting because it needs the service to run.

Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->Services. Look in the list of services for AVG Anti Spyware Guard. Double click it and a dialog box opens. You will see two buttons, stop and start, select start to start the service. You will see a drop down box as well called "start up type". Select "Automatic". Now the service is running and will start with the computer. Personally I don't like it running all the time so I go through that procedure I just explained when I want to use AVG AS to do a scan which is about once a week.

If this doesn't fix the problem than I don't know. I know when I disable the service and try to run AVG AS I get the message you are getting because it needs the service to run.

Thanks. I did as you said and that is how it is set, so it has to be something else. Am trying to work with AVG but not getting a lot of help. They keep telling me it is something else, so we shall see. Thanks again!

Her problem seems to be different. She has the Guard set to automatic and running but she still gets the error.

I leave the Guard set to manual and start it myself to update and scan than when finished I shut it off a again. This is no big inconvenience to do once a week to use a great scanner. Those people in the thread you linked from Wilders are a bunch of cry babies. They get a free app and cry about a service that is easily started and stopped.