Image hosting services

craigathus

That is strange as that's the "official" site for the download.

I take it this was before it got to your desktop the warning, have you tried again?

Also when you get a minute, can you go to the top google link on this page and see if there's any info about your wtv site being blocked.

163fs18149_th.jpg

Yes, it was before it made it to the desktop, it happened right after it finished downloading it. I had clicked 'Run' instead of 'Save'. Maybe I should try saving it?

I went to the google search link and it took me to an old wtv-zone forum post. I copied it and pasted it below. I'm not too familiar what she's talking about but maybe you can make some sense of it and tell me what it means. :)

Thanks

------------------

Does your friend get an error message, or do the pages just not load?

If they get the "not authorized" error message, it's because their IP number is blocked for some reason.

If it's a load issue, then it's something with their USP, or their pathway to the Zone servers.

Please write me directly at the Help Zone with some more details..

The WTV-Zone

http://www.wtv-zone.com

-------------------

Yes, it was before it made it to the desktop, it happened right after it finished downloading it. I had clicked 'Run' instead of 'Save'. Maybe I should try saving it?

It's your decision, if you want to install it or not. It's not an error of any kind, it's just a security warning. You can just ignore it.

You have to use proxy for that wtv-zone Web site. I have to do it also. Don't know why that site doesn't work without proxy for us.

I you want, i can tell you how to enable proxy only for that site and NOT use proxy globally.

---

runawayhorses: It's just a security warning, because the publisher of the file is unknown. If you think that the file is trusted, you can just hit OK to download and install it.

Btw, you can resize/resample pictures with IrfanView also.

I clicked "OK" but then the warning disappeared and nothing happened. It just abandoned the whole process. Do you think I should save it to program files and install it from there? The first time I clicked"Run" instead of "Save".

'horses: Go to IE Tools - Internet options - Advanced. Then check option "Allow installation of files, even signature is not valid". < I don't know the exact English description of the option, because i don't got English OS.

OK CeeCee I checked the option box to allow installation even if signature is not valid.

Now I'll go try it and come back here and let you and hazelNut know what happened.

Edit: It worked!

Checking that options 'allow installation even if signature is not valid' did the trick. After I clicked "Run" and it installed beautifully.

Thanks CeeCee and you too HazelNut. :)

HazelNut, let me know if when you figure out the Zone issue. I'm curious how that turns out.

HazelNut, let me know if when you figure out the Zone issue. I'm curious how that turns out.

I solved it by using proxy server for wtv-zone.com. Now i can nicely see your linked pictures that you put here.

Nice thing with Opera is, that i can use proxy server for specific sites, without using it globally.

• Moderators
Thanks for the link lotse, I'm gonna change to this site.

Has a nice look to it.

:)

Have you actually been able to get that http://freeshare.us to even work? I've tried to use it a few times in the past couple of days and either the loading of the website times out, or attempting to upload an image times out.

I just tried out http://tinypic.com in another thread (the Homepage thread of yours) and I like it more than http://xs.to now because it has a small little button to copy the IMG tag into the system clipboard - it's the simple little things that matter. :)

• Moderators
But I got this error message. Does anyone know why? I'd like to have this resizer if I can get it.

Those damned stupid security warnings come from using that damned stupid Internet Explorer browser. To turn that warning off on .EXE files you must right click them (any of them I think) that you've downloaded via Internet Explorer and choose the Unblock button, then it will shut up.

Just for you:

162fs702062_th.jpg

Don't ask what this picture is, but site works great.

Hi DennisD & all others B)

That picture looks a lot like my mother in-law, after she's been to the beauty salon :o

Never used imaging hosting before but here goes.

Used the FreeShare link.

Hmmnn, the preview seems to work OK whereas I have always uploaded a pic from my desktop.The one on the right is uploaded from here.

163fs418452.jpg

Never used imaging hosting before but here goes.

Used the FreeShare link.

Hmmnn, the preview seems to work OK whereas I have always uploaded a pic from my desktop.The one on the right is uploaded from here.

163fs418452.jpg

Hi Humpty

I should have said (July Desktops) in the lounge forum...sorry :(