Image hosting services

craigathus

Hi guys B)

I would like some information and advice on free image hosting services.

All helpful advice is greatly appreciated :D

Hi guys B)

I would like some information and advice on free image hosting services.

All helpful advice is greatly appreciated :D

Hi, The links below are my favorite image hosts. The images at both hosts are hot-linkable, or 'remote' linkable which is a real plus for posting pics. It's a user friendly host too.

The paid host link below (wtv-zone) is my all-time favorite though. I've been a member their for several years now. They are a fully functional web host. You can use it for building a homepage or a huge website, or just for storing pictures or music files..ect It's also very much like a family there. Everyone is really nice and they have a forum as well.

Free Host

Image Shack

Paid Host

wtv-zone

I like http://xs.to.

I don't like ImageShack.us, it's overly used and sometimes considerably slows down page loading due to it being so widely used which is why I switched to http://xs.to some time ago, hmm even the ImageShack.us main page takes ages to load. :rolleyes:

I usually just use image shack to store pics, and I use the zone for hot-linking and I built my own homepage there. Actually, most of my pics I store on a disk.

• Moderators
Thanks for the link lotse, I'm gonna change to this site.

Has a nice look to it.

:)

I too liked the look of this Dennis so I thought I'd try it out. Quick to get on site, and browse, however when I chose one of my pics it eventually came back with an upload limit of 1.5mb's and my pic was 2mbs.

This doesn't happen with image shack. Wonder if you've to do anything else first?

Tried Andavari's xs.to, (picture below) quick to site, same uptime load of pic as imageshack

P1000107.JPG.xs.jpg

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
when I chose one of my pics it eventually came back with an upload limit of 1.5mb's and my pic was 2mbs.

http://xs.to has a limit too, albeit a slightly larger one. ;)

The image can also be resized (made smaller), resaved with a slightly lower quality in for instance Paint.net, and lowering the DPI would shave off some KB too. But it's just ten times faster, and easier as you found out to use another free image host altogether without that limit.

The whole image file size thing is sometimes a real challenge when wanting to use a particular avatar on some forums which have such a tight limit on the file size and image size.

• Moderators
I too liked the look of this Dennis so I thought I'd try it out. Quick to get on site, and browse, however when I chose one of my pics it eventually came back with an upload limit of 1.5mb's and my pic was 2mbs.

I've just checked in My Pictures folders Hazel, and I was really hard pushed to find a photo/pic bigger than 1.5mb. I managed to, and it took a couple of seconds to resize a 2.29mb image to 97kb (still 1024X768) using ms image resizer powertoy.

I even resized it in the explorer window just before uploading it, and being only 97kb it went up really fast. This is the best resizer I've seen, as it's integrated into your right click menu. And it makes a resized copy, doesn't touch the original.

So that's a quick and easy solution to anything too big, and I've registered on that sight which gives access to everything you upload.

I actually quite liked xs.to, but I've posted two topics recently about an intrusive google ad I've encountered on that sight, which is why I'm changing.

Oh yes, the other benefit of registering on freeshare.us is multiple uploads, which could be useful.

I hate Image Shack. When viewing members pics, I find it painfully slow compared to anything else, and on top of that, after downloading from that site I invariably have some popup ad such as poker.com or whatever, sitting behind my open windows. And I have MVPS hosts file, Adblocker plus, and popups blocked in Firefox. I find that really intrusive.

Hope this helps.

:)

• Moderators

Good of you to give all that info Dennis. I see your point about resizing and that's a very helpful link for it.

Sorry about using the fact I use imageshack Dennis, but I've never had a problem with using the site and never have have popups after being there.

When I have time I may alter things a bit on my setup.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
Okay Dennis these cows are just for you via image resizer and freeshare :)

162fs906844_th.jpg

Hey, that site's good, because that pic opened really quickly and the web page is clean and nice to look at.

Glad to help, and "xs.to" can shove their google ad where the sun don't shine. :)

Hey, that site's good, because that pic opened really quickly and the web page is clean and nice to look at.

Glad to help, and "xs.to" can shove their google ad where the sun don't shine. :)

http://www.tinypic.com is great, i switched over to it after being constantly annoyed by imageshack, i love it its lighting fast and can also host video.

I've just checked in My Pictures folders Hazel, and I was really hard pushed to find a photo/pic bigger than 1.5mb. I managed to, and it took a couple of seconds to resize a 2.29mb image to 97kb (still 1024X768) using ms image resizer powertoy.

I even resized it in the explorer window just before uploading it, and being only 97kb it went up really fast. This is the best resizer I've seen, as it's integrated into your right click menu. And it makes a resized copy, doesn't touch the original.

Sounds like a tool I could use. When you right click on an image 'online', does it have an option of which format to save the pic in..i.e. gif, jpg? Or is it just for pics already on your pc?

Thanks for sharing the link.

• Moderators

That is strange as that's the "official" site for the download.

I take it this was before it got to your desktop the warning, have you tried again?

Also when you get a minute, can you go to the top google link on this page and see if there's any info about your wtv site being blocked.

163fs18149_th.jpg

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

Not really very funny runaway, but I am afraid i cannot see your image

You have to use proxy for that wtv-zone Web site. I have to do it also. Don't know why that site doesn't work without proxy for us.

I you want, i can tell you how to enable proxy only for that site and NOT use proxy globally.

---

runawayhorses: It's just a security warning, because the publisher of the file is unknown. If you think that the file is trusted, you can just hit OK to download and install it.

Btw, you can resize/resample pictures with IrfanView also.