New Defrag Product

MrG

• Admin

dflogo.gif

This week we're announcing our new defrag software title. The as yet unnamed title will be released as a beta version in a few weeks time.

The new product will make the process of defragmenting individual files easier and as with all our products it will be small, fast, and portable!

More details to follow soon, once the final features have been decided.

View the full blog post

Great news. Looking forward to it. Thank you. :D

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I look forward to see the result of this software.

but if it is like the other softwares from piriform it will be excellent

The internet is wonderfull, only the 90% of crap on it isn't!

I love CCleaner IPB Image

If you don't like me, don't look at me or speak with me!

Hmmm, wonder what this will offer that every other defrag out there doesn't already, bit of a crowded market to enter :unsure:

Yes, i.e. JKDefrag being so good and popular, i don't see much need for this new product. Atleast for those who already uses JKDefrag. But i think that there's a place for this new product also.

Hmmm, wonder what this will offer that every other defrag out there doesn't already, bit of a crowded market to enter :unsure:

This does seem a bit strange seeing as how JKDefrag is discussed here frequently. Also, with a little bit of registry rditing JKDefrag can be made to defrag individual files amd folders

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Defrag File\command]

@="C:\\Documents and Settings\\n8chavez\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Quick Launch\\Applications\\Utilities\\System Utilities\\Defrag.exe -a 4 -d 1 %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Defrag Folder]

@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Defrag Folder\command]

@="C:\\Documents and Settings\\n8chavez\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Quick Launch\\Applications\\Utilities\\System Utilities\\Defrag.exe -a 4 -d 1 %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Defrag Drive]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Defrag Drive\command]

@="C:\\Documents and Settings\\n8chavez\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Quick Launch\\Applications\\Utilities\\System Utilities\\Defrag.exe JkDefrag.exe -a 6 -d 1 %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Defrag All Drives]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Defrag All Drives\command]

@="C:\\Documents and Settings\\n8chavez\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Quick Launch\\\\Applications\\Utilities\\System Utilities\\Defrag.exe JkDefrag.exe -a 6 -d 1 c: d: e:"

Of course, change the paths to where your cmd excecutables is.

Nice news, will be interesting how it stacks up against other free defrag apps aka: JkDefrag.

Though a nice interface / defraging progress display could win new PC users over,

Where as jkdefrag (without GUI) is comand line based and progress looks like a game that crashed.

fireryone

• Admin

To keep you updated, the app will support FAT and NTFS, but won't support 98. It will be 2k and later only.

The reason behind this is the older OSs only count for 2% of the market, and the extra development required

on OSs prior to 2k is huge. It would essentially take us 3 times longer to get the product out. Thus I made the

(slightly reluctant) decision to not support those platforms.

MrG

Interesting!

Whether I'll ditch my copy of Diskeeper 10 Pro Premier, I don't know.

If Piriform's Defragger is a lot faster than Window's inbuilt one and does a better job, then it will be sure to win a lot of new fans that don't want to say spend money on Diskeeper or JKDefrag.