Down-grading of OS

agumon

It should be able to handle it. Try making your own custom XP install if you want.

i will leave it as it is then... :)

nLite is the best for making custom XP install cds. Msfn has a whole forum for nLite that is very helpful.

i will browse thro it when day break... thanks... :)

--==aGumon==--

I suggest downgrade, if you feel that your system isn't fast enough in XP...

edit>> I say that because so many of my customers force XP on terrible, terrible machines and refuse to downgrade

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

What are your system specs?

Intel Pentium III 866MHz

256MB RAM

40GB HDD

my dad bring this system from his company... it comes without an operating system... guess someone removed it, so i installed WinXP Professional, which i brought it when i built my new system...

another thing is that windows xp require activation of software, i think it might be a waste... have not activate yet on that system...

--==aGumon==--

You can activate XP 2 or 3 times for each product key out there, and even after that, it's easy to call the 800 number and activate over the phone via the automated system.

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

You can activate XP 2 or 3 times for each product key out there, and even after that, it's easy to call the 800 number and activate over the phone via the automated system.

is it!!!??? i thought that the maximum number is twice... :lol:

--==aGumon==--

you can even have a rep activate it if the automated system fails.. they don't care as long as you're not A) using a pirated product key, which they can tell from the installation ID, or B) installing XP on multiple computers, which they don't generally try to check up on

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Intel Pentium III 866MHz

256MB RAM

40GB HDD

One of my pc's is much slower and handles XP Pro fine.

Pentium 3 700MHz

256MB of ram

30 GB harddrive

I just can't play very much games on it, and I dont bloat it with software.

One of my pc's is much slower and handles XP Pro fine.

Pentium 3 700MHz

256MB of ram

30 GB harddrive

I just can't play very much games on it, and I dont bloat it with software.

then i will keep the operating system... i think my dad will be the one using that system... so i dont think he is going to play game... :lol:

--==aGumon==--

you can even have a rep activate it if the automated system fails..

how to do it...? teach me...

i think i know what you meant... thanks DjLizard

--==aGumon==--

I recommend a minimum of 512 MB for Windows XP. XP doesn't *start* getting good until then [as in, it takes even more than 512 to REALLY do it]. I see 256 and less(!) every day and it hurts me. As soon as customers give me the okay to upgrade, the speed increase is like the difference between night and day.

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

• Moderators

Yeah 512 MB Ram should be considered the minimum for WinXP, also many moderately priced PC's generally come with at least 512 MB Ram.

To allow WinXP to run smoother on a less powerful system (actually any system) is to disable resource hog features like XP themes. Also don't allow unnecessary programs to run in the systray, too many programmers think they're software should start when the system does thus slowing down systems. Really only antivirus, firewall, and antispyware software, and optionally ad filtering software are all that really needs to be running in the systray.

Yeah 512 MB Ram should be considered the minimum for WinXP, also many moderately priced PC's generally come with at least 512 MB Ram.

To allow WinXP to run smoother on a less powerful system (actually any system) is to disable resource hog features like XP themes. Also don't allow unnecessary programs to run in the systray, too many programmers think they're software should start when the system does thus slowing down systems. Really only antivirus, firewall, and antispyware software, and optionally ad filtering software are all that really needs to be running in the systray.

I only really have Syagte, NOD32, Winamp, and FF running whenever im on my computer. But I also have various tweaks, which also help speed up things a bit.