Who believes in GHOSTS !

DennisD

• Moderators

Would you believe that while I'm writing this, the sky has gone dark, the rain is chucking down, and thunder is crashing outside my window. Honestly. :unsure:

Have you ever had a spooky experience? Here's mine.

A few years ago, my mate and I were having a game of snooker in this old building above an empty garage.

As it was a small private club we all had keys, and you could play any time day or night. On this occasion it was about 1.00am, and we were the only two left in the place.

So imagine, the entire building is in darkness, and the only light was the one over the table.

I was down ready to take a shot at the yellow ball along the bottom cushion, with only the other colours left on the table, on their respective spots.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the blue ball roll slowly off its spot, across the table, to eventually drop straight into the middle pocket.

My mate and I just froze, looking at each other.

I said to him, "you were nowhere near that were you?"

To which he replied, "I'm as far away from the f*****g thing as you are".

To which I replied, "should we make a move then?"

We very quietly put the balls away, put the cover over the table, and left. But believe me, while we were doing this all the other dark. empty rooms in that building took on an entirely different perspective.

Did anyone believe our story? Nope, got the piss taken out of us for ages after that, but we never stayed late again in that weird place.

This is absolutely true, and we've never been able to fathom how that blue ball rolled across a perfectly level table with no outside assistance whatsoever.... ;)

• Moderators

There are things about this world, we don't know nor will ever understand. Even the greatest minds that have ever lived, believed in them (or something along them lines).

I have seen stuff, humans aren't suppose to see. We were just teenagers and didn't know what we were doing. (VERY BAD STUFF!)

People like to laugh, say your dumb, and crap like that. They are simple minded and don't have an open mind.

Here is a very famous quote and it's very very true.

"People fear what they don't understand."

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

One Sunday night at 9.30 I was out the front having a ciggy and I usually look up into the sky and see if I can spot a satellite.

I noticed an opaque whitish orb moving but it seemed sorta not far up, about tree top height or maybe closer.

It only lasted about 3 - 4 seconds and to be honest I put it down to an illusion and disregarded it.

Next morning at around 2.00 am I got a phone call from my brother that our dear old mum had passed on.

Our local doctor was there when I arrived at 2.30 am and after the examination I asked roughly how long ago did she pass away.

About 5 hours ago he replied!

Well I got home a couple of hours later and I was very sad but then suddenly I remembered the orb I had seen with goosebumps all over me my heavy heart seemed to lighten as I said to myself - "thanks for coming to say goodbye mum."

True story. :)

I've had a couple of experiences. Some I'll share, some I won't. You people will probably think I'm bananas anyway. lol

This one isn't so bad, but still freaked me out a little. Quite a few years ago, I used to ALWAYS sleep with socks on my feet. Well, one night, like always, I put my socks on and went to bed. Now, no one would ever come in my room at night because my dog would attack. So I would sleep with my door closed and my dog would sleep in front of the door to make sure no one would come in. Well anyway, I woke up once or twice and my socks were still on like they should be. Then when my alarm went off I woke up and my socks were off and folded neatly on my bed next to the wall (my bed is pushed up against the wall). Now I've never been known to undress in my sleep, and I won't even fold my clothes while I'm awake...lol...so I know I didn't do it. And I know my mom didn't do it and my dad didn't do it. And I highly doubt my dog had figured out how to pull socks off and fold them. So one has to wonder just who decided to take my socks off for me.

Another experience has happend a few times. I've read things about it, saying that the person is still actually asleep while it's happening, but in my experience I don't think that's the case. See, I've had quite a few nights where I have felt someone sitting on edge of my bed. I will lay as still as possible when I feel it, mostly out of of fear I guess. Usually it happens as I'm facing my wall as I lay, and sometimes it will last for what feels like hours. There are times when I can't lay still anymore and will move just to make it all end. As soon as I move, even just the slightest bit, I'll feel the edge of my bed rise like it would if someone were sitting there, and I will get out of bed and go turn on a light or something.

On the same token, quite a few times I've had what feels like someone laying on top of me, and let me tell you, this is what scares me the most. There's times when I can't scream (so that to me means maybe it IS is a dream) and there are times when I *can* scream but don't because I don't know what's going to happen to me if I do. There's times when I can move so I try to force myself up and turn on the lights and leave my room, and there's other times when I can't move at all for a while. Like I said, this situation scares me the most. I normally don't sleep again after this happens. If I do, it's because I have a light on or my TV on or I've gone to camp out in my parent's room. :unsure:

Y'all probably think I'm nuts now. lol :lol:

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

You people are nuts. :P:lol:

LOL I knew you'd be the one to say it. :P

I've never believed in ghosts but I've always thought it would be cool if they were real. :)

They're more real than you may think. But no one really believes or understands until they have some sort of experience. So it's all good. :D

• Moderators
No, but i believe HOSTS file. :D:lol:

Good one! :lol:

I don't necessarily believe in ghostly beings.

However growing up being told our house resided atop an old cemetery brought youthful imaginations to light - rather I was just dreaming or half-asleep I don't know but I had once seen an ominous possibly demonic figure in my house that just disappeared like a puff of smoke, but of course this all happened when I was a child.

• Moderators
However growing up being told our house resided atop an old cemetery brought youthful imaginations to light - rather I was just dreaming or half-asleep I don't know but I had once seen an ominous possibly demonic figure in my house that just disappeared like a puff of smoke, but of course this all happened when I was a child.

Shades of Poltergeist. :unsure:

• Moderators
Shades of Poltergeist. :unsure:

Actually I think it was Satan, albeit he didn't look too menacing as he looked like a small to medium sized dog with horns. Actually it's rather laughable now considering the type of music I listen to.

I was actually visited by my beloved grandma also known as the "Victoria" of our familiy

The story isn't much spooky though, more like my grandma wants to protect me when I'm alone

When I was in my bro's room playing good ol' GT2, the door opened up, and then I looked for someone who's playing tricks on me (my neighborhood friend does this a lot), but no one's there. I got back and resumed the game, again the door opened up and closed without seeing a hand holding the door knob, then I knew it was grandma. At first I though she was haunting me but later on I understood her reason. I just played again hiding under the blanket and seeing door open and close, then it stopped. I waited for my bro to return from school and went down and explained everything.

After some months after grandma's death, she "came back" to the house, probably she misses us. Now I know there's someone looking for us, protecting and guiding us.

My guess about ghost is that it is somethin' not meant to be fully understood by physical beings and will only be realized by those who are spirits already.

• Moderators
I wasn't going to say anything but... that came to mind when you first posted in this thread. :lol:

Ah some good 'ole horror metal never hurt anyone, although it may have scared a few souls throughout time. I may have to send you a horror metal mp3 and you'd really be dawning your crosses at me because it goes beyond the typical death metal and black metal you know I listen to.

I was actually visited by my beloved grandma also known as the "Victoria" of our familiy

The story isn't much spooky though, more like my grandma wants to protect me when I'm alone

When I was in my bro's room playing good ol' GT2, the door opened up, and then I looked for someone who's playing tricks on me (my neighborhood friend does this a lot), but no one's there. I got back and resumed the game, again the door opened up and closed without seeing a hand holding the door knob, then I knew it was grandma. At first I though she was haunting me but later on I understood her reason. I just played again hiding under the blanket and seeing door open and close, then it stopped. I waited for my bro to return from school and went down and explained everything.

After some months after grandma's death, she "came back" to the house, probably she misses us. Now I know there's someone looking for us, protecting and guiding us.

My guess about ghost is that it is somethin' not meant to be fully understood by physical beings and will only be realized by those who are spirits already.

This is an awesome story. But I will say I think I'd be scared sh*tless if I watched a door open and close with no one around doing it. :blink: What made you realize it was your grandma though? I've heard of spirits leaving "clues" about who they are...a certain smell, or an object they hold dear. Was it something like that?

I don't necessarily believe in ghostly beings.

Hate to ruin the mysticism but that is actually quite common, its a kind of a semi awake dream (My gf has these quite often).