Problem with "Cookies to Keep"

lancew70

I have downloaded the latest CC Cleaner (1.41.544) and I have moved a couple cookies (for sites I have to logon to) that I want to keep to the "Cookies to Keep" box. When I go the these sites (I have checked the "Remember Me Box) I have to re-log on again for these sites.

This just started with this latest version and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but still no success.

The cookies in the "Cookies to keep" box show up just fine in CC Cleaner but after running "Run Cleaner", the cookies remain in the Keep Cookies Box just fine but when I go back to the sites where I have previously logged on to, my logon is no longer there and I have to relog in.

I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong and I would really appreciate any help :)

Thank you

I have downloaded the latest CC Cleaner (1.41.544) and I have moved a couple cookies (for sites I have to logon to) that I want to keep to the "Cookies to Keep" box. When I go the these sites (I have checked the "Remember Me Box) I have to re-log on again for these sites.

This just started with this latest version and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but still no success.

The cookies in the "Cookies to keep" box show up just fine in CC Cleaner but after running "Run Cleaner", the cookies remain in the Keep Cookies Box just fine but when I go back to the sites where I have previously logged on to, my logon is no longer there and I have to relog in.

I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong and I would really appreciate any help :)

Thank you

I just dropped by here to see if anyone else was having the same problem. Apparently so. When I run the new version of Crap Cleaner it doesn't recognize the "cookies to keep" and deletes them so I have to log back in to every site. Maybe it's not a bug but a new feature.

• 3 weeks later...
If using IE7 try unticking 'Delete index.dat files' under the Internet Explorer section

No, I'm using IE6 with all updates and index.dat is not checked for cleaning.

I've noticed this on two XP Pro SP2 machines since the last versions. Both machines have all MS updates.

:(

I guess I will start working backwards to find the last version that works correctly.

• Moderators
I just dropped by here to see if anyone else was having the same problem.

Yeah it won't keep the cookies I wish to retain for Firefox either. It was the first time I configured CC to keep a cookie and hadn't noticed before that it never listed it was removing any cookies, now it lists the cookies it's removing, weird.