getting someones ip address

• Moderators

If its someone on the forum send me a message and this will be taken care of ASAP.

If its from an instant messenger I'm not sure if its possible.(its not the same dude that stole your MSN account is it? )

Or you can do it: send them a file (any..maybe a picture) or tell the person to send you a file

then go to run and type cmd

then type netstat

and boom! you got the ip.

288olaow8888cq2.jpg

its someone that stole my hotmail account, and then used it to make a facebook profile of me. and then went and chatted with people i knew, and some i dont. i reported them to hotmail and facebook, and the profile has been removed from facebook, but im still waiting on hotmail.

i cant for the life of me figure out how they got my hotmail account. all scans come up clean. password was a mix of lower and upper case letters along with numbers. and then they sent me messages on msn trying to "add" me. the audacity is driving me nuts. but if i get their ip, i can proceed with criminal charges.

• Moderators

This is really strange(as I've told you before. :P). The fact that they are doing all of this makes me think its someone who knows you or something(maybe a neighbor got into your network or something?)

I just don't see why some random person would hack your msn account and then make a facebook page. Neither of those is really good for anything except pissing you off. :(

Oh and that MSN account of yours I was sending you messages with lately is still yours right? :P

yeah thats still me! ive got the longest messed up passwords around. plus my neighbours dont even know me and im on good terms to say hello with and such. im really stumped by this.

I had someone hack 2 of my email accounts (both having fake names on them) and both of my eBay accounts. They messed up A LOT of my stuff. I knew who did it, too, because it was two morons from another message board I frequented...and luckily I was a moderator so I had their IP's at my fingertips. I contacted their internet provider who then told me I had to contact local authorities who in turn told me I had to contact their internet provider. Needless to say, I got no where. But good luck with your situation. It sucks when people don't know how to grow the f*ck up.

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

yeah its somebody having some fun at my expense. i dont like having to resort to getting their ip and informing the authorities, but they just wont let well enough alone. if it had been a quick joke or something i could live with it, but to be contacting people with an internet profile with my picture, is too far. im going to ask around at work and see if someone knows how to do this. im just a little embarrassed about the whole thing as im really careful usually.

just goes to show, hackers can always get you.

Hey I don't blame you for wanting to put an end to it. That's what I wanted. I ended up closing the accounts that were hacked just to make sure the crap *did* stop. I think once they found out I was wanting to press charges they backed off anyway. Like I said, good luck. I hope you get further than I did.

You're right, there is no excuse for it. Not possible for someone to snag your wireless stuff out of the air, I hope.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

to be honest i hardly go wireless, but im encrypted when i do. my network doesnt show up.

it has to be someone that knows me at least a bit cause of some of the stuff they say.

• Moderators
You're right, there is no excuse for it. Not possible for someone to snag your wireless stuff out of the air, I hope.

It is very possible. That is why even when you have a well protected laptop you should never do any kind of online banking, purchasing, ect on public networks.

Glad you got it figured out. Do you know if they did anything to the person who did all of this? Like ban him from MSN or something?

no that is almost impossible. but i went and had a talk with the person today at their place of employment. discussed the facts of life. hopefully they got the message that harassing me wasnt worth losing their job and getting criminal charges.

no that is almost impossible. but i went and had a talk with the person today at their place of employment. discussed the facts of life. hopefully they got the message that harassing me wasnt worth losing their job and getting criminal charges.

D'you know it may be worth having a word with your lawyer and / or police - they may have a quiet word and scare the 'bejeesus' out of them - especially in formal attire !!

Sometimes it may be worth getting them dragged down to the cop-shop to get the point across !

B.