My new site

rridgely

• Moderators

I finally have gotten my own website up!

http://internetrotsyourbrain.com/rridgely/

The site is basically going to be the new malware removal guide, malware prevention guide, and freeware related. Which is why you may have noticed that a few of my pinned topics on the forum are gone. I think the change is a good one and that the site is a lot better than the pinned topics were.

A huge thank you goes out to TwistedMetal who is not only hosting the site but he also designed the template for me and fixed the formatting as well.

Let me know what you think!

Really nice. :) Very helpful, very generous of you to share all that know-how with everyone. I actually have a folder in MyDocuments called "RridgelyLikes". Your recommendation is as good as gold for me. B)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Thanks for the compliments. :)

The guides are going to pretty much stay the way they are(only error fixes. :P) but the freeware section I plan to constantly add to. After I rewrite those reviews or edit them or something... I just copied and pasted them from various places. I got bored with it. :P

I may add more pages if I think of something useful.

A minor point - the 'Malware Prevention' and 'Free software' sections are too wide, ie they have a scroll bar at the bottom and you have to scroll across to read the page (at 1024x768)

BTW, just out of curiousity, Why do you recommend Pidgin over Miranda?

• Moderators

Actually I knew they would. This is rridgely's first attempt at web sites (I guess)...

It's the way he/his program did it. I'm not going to go into a lot detail about it (html stuff). He designed it to look right on his screen, but not for everyone's. I was the same way when I did it at first...

I will see if I can fix it, I will probably just have to recode the 2 pages.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• Moderators

Dont worry about it yet twisted. I'll try to fix it first.

I was using NVU so I guess it screwed up some how. I've done some website creation with frontpage a while ago but I never got into it enough to pay for it. I also played with server stuff but the one I was using had something called c panel that basically did everything automatically.

I didn't really do anything all that crazy so I'm not sure why NVU did stuff so crazy. I typed the stuff in star office and then just pasted it over.. not good I guess. :P

I just downloaded Visual Stuido which is free from MS and a lot like front page. I'll spend some time fixing the pages and see what happens. :D

• Moderators
I think I already got it fixed. :P

Well fine then. :P:lol: (thanks. :) ) I thought it was going to be a major pain in the butt to fix it and I felt bad having you do it. :unsure:

I also have a few other bugs that were reported through PMs.

number 9 in your malware prevention has a spelling error "avgantispyware".

And the spacing on the 7zip info is screwed up too.

I finally have gotten my own website up!

http://internetrotsyourbrain.com/rridgely/

The site is basically going to be the new malware removal guide, malware prevention guide, and freeware related. Which is why you may have noticed that a few of my pinned topics on the forum are gone. I think the change is a good one and that the site is a lot better than the pinned topics were.

A huge thank you goes out to TwistedMetal who is not only hosting the site but he also designed the template for me and fixed the formatting as well.

Let me know what you think!

Well done guys B)

Like it lots :D I have already added your new site to my favorites list :)

Nice little site rridgely.

However there are still some spacing problems.

The three images below were on a computer in work with 1024 x 768 resolution.

rr1bt2.jpg

rr2wp0.jpg

rr3ip8.jpg

The three images below were on my computer with 1280 x 1024 resolution.

The spacing on these three looks nice in my opinion.

rr12ge6.jpg

rr22wp1.jpg

rr32gs2.jpg

Finally, does the end of the sentence in the image below make sense or is it me?

rr4wq7.th.jpg

• Moderators

The last sentence was me, it was like midnight when I did it. I will fix it today. I will look at the spacing. What browser are you using?

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key