Weird...

xbrianx

Earlier, I pressed restart and shutdown and neither of them worked. I pressed them at least 10 times, and even let the background turn grayscale(not sure if it helps, but did it anyway).

I think it has something to do AVG, since it happened before after I closed AVG Ant-Spyware. This time, I closed AVG-Anti virus and couldn't get any buttons to work.

The buttons actually had their little "animation" and it showed them being pushed in, but nothing happened. :blink:

Everything else worked fine, but I hadn't tried Standby.

I've had this occasionally, usually related to some program not closing properly.

Though I'm not using AVG, it might have been the offending program in this case.

Usually a forced restart fixes it. (Use the physical reset or off switch)

Report back, if you are now continually getting problems shutting down.

You could all ways submit a hijackthis log if your otherwise concerned.

fireryone

Yeah, it's probably like trying to open Firefox when it just exited from some error and hasn't fully closed. <_<

I'll update later tonight when I try to turn off my computer.

I've had this a couple of times - usually when I try to hibernate .... it winges about having not enough resources (which is rubbish) and a little exclamation mark (if I remember correctly) in the task bar. (I can then only Standby - if I am lucky)

I have nothing else running .... bit bizarre.

B.

I've had this a couple of times - usually when I try to hibernate .... it winges about having not enough resources (which is rubbish) and a little exclamation mark (if I remember correctly) in the task bar. (I can then only Standby - if I am lucky)

I have nothing else running .... bit bizarre.

B.

Yeah, but I never got anything. I pressed Restart or Shutdown, and all that happened was my icons "flicked". No little exclamation point, pop-ups or warnings.

But, it hasn't happened again since then. :blink: