HijackThis 2.02

TwistedMetal

• Moderators

I'm so happy they finally made it have an installer(there was a non official version that had one but it wasn't 2.0.)

This will make sure people put it in a folder and dont run it from a temp file.

• Moderators
So is this the recommended version to use now or the older version from Merijn?

I've been recommending 2.0 since it came out.

It shows more stuff and I haven't really run into any bugs.

I've been recommending 2.0 since it came out.

It shows more stuff and I haven't really run into any bugs.

Maybe I will keep both ;) . This new version doesn't look much different than the older. It sure isn't a major redesign.

Thank you. Got it. Also keeping the old versions. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

The installer is nice. And will save me the five minutes of trouble of making one with Inno Setup. :rolleyes:

Since they're going to have the setup version available they should start to include a readme HTML file with some documentation i.e.; version/release date, and links to reputable sites that analyze the logs for free.

What installer?

I downloaded it from majorgeeks and it just the program no installer...

Proof below from log file

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 6:52:08 PM, on 8/07/2007

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16473)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

[cut]

F:\Downloads\HiJackThis.exe

[cut]

F:\Dowloads is my default download directory...

fireryone

• Moderators

The installer version however makes life easy because you won't have to manually create shortcuts to it, and it's in a proper folder all of it's own where logs can be stored, etc.

The installer version however makes life easy because you won't have to manually create shortcuts to it, and it's in a proper folder all of it's own where logs can be stored, etc.

Creating a new folder to unzip to takes maybe 20 seconds. Than right click on the exe and send to desk top or pin to start menu and I am done.

• Moderators
Creating a new folder to unzip to takes maybe 20 seconds. Than right click on the exe and send to desk top or pin to start menu and I am done.

Yeah but why do that when you don't have too.

Plus there are people who always seem to run it from a temp file or something no matter what you tell them so this fixes that. Its not a big deal for most people but it does make things easier.

• Moderators
Plus there are people who always seem to run it from a temp file or something no matter what you tell them so this fixes that.

That seems to be the norm where someone just runs it from within the zip file, or from the webpage.

• Moderators
There are many I hear of doing that but I know you are not one of them. ;)

How do you know for sure. :P

Maybe I'm a green newbie chucked full of malware whom wants my log to mysteriously disappear after running CCleaner only so that I can post a bogus CCleaner bug report (joking of course). :P:lol:

Maybe I will keep both ;) . This new version doesn't look much different than the older. It sure isn't a major redesign.

It's absolutely useless to keep the old one. This new TM build has a number of bug fixes and additions and it is in fact for 99% identical to what Merijn originally meant to issue as v1.99.2

There's not a single reason why you'd want to hold on to v.199.1