Looking to get a wireless router

Stephen

I currently have a Netgear RP614v2 wired router. I'm in the market for a wireless router than can provide as fast and consistent service as my current router for the two computers that will continue to be connected via ethernet cable - and that can provide fast, consistent wireless access for a laptop computer used in various locations in my home. The modem and router will be located upstairs (2 story house, built in the mid 80s), and the laptop will be used both upstairs and on the first level.

I looking for advice and suggestions based upon real experience.

The Linksys Wireless G Broadband router with Speedbooster is what I have. I have 2 PC's wired and it's plenty fast. The only wireless device I have tested was a Nintendo DS, but I wasn't too happy with the range. I don't know if the walls were interfering, or if the DS is a wireless-B device, but the range didn't seem great. Maybe it was the DS, but I don't know. Other than that, it is of great quality, with nary a problem.

Maybe the new Wireless N router is significantly better.

AJ

Wireless N is no better than MIMO-enabled wireless G. It won't give you greater speeds or better connectivity, only better range.

I personally like Netgear just as much as Linksys. Look for sales in your local electronics/office supplies stores.

IPB Image