Does CCleaner's performance weaken over time?

Atnes

Dear forum members,

After several months of excellent performance (versions 1.38; 1.39; and now 1.40..), my copy of CCleaner seems to have lost its interest in my computer crap :(

According to the results I get daily from the routine scan by the

PC Scan and Sweep tool, the number of my junk + clutter files has been constantly increasing over the past few days. Needless to say that accordingly, the performance of my computer has been slowing down to. I tried to add to the cleaning process folders and files from other disk sections - not only the default harddrive C:, but also D: and E:,

but the program (CCleaner) warns me by saying that all added/custom files or folders will be removed and/or emptied, not just cleaned for clutter etc. So what am I supposed to do? How do I get the CCleaner to resume its excellent performance from some months ago? :unsure:

Any suggestion wil be greatly appreciated!

Best to all, Atnes

CCleaner only cleans the drive it is installed on. If you add D: & E: as custom folders it will delete every file on those drives, as far as I'm aware.

What if love's intolerable pain never leaves us?

Do we dash our bleeding hearts on the rocks of loneliness?

And cry unto the lords above who turn away in haste?

MY DYING BRIDE

CCleaner only deletes specific junk on your main (C:) drive.

IE: It does not search the whole drive for junk it only removes from places its been told junk exists!

fireryone

Try defragging your harddrive if you notice a slowdown in performance. Also, make sure you do virus and spyware scans regularly to make sure nothing is running in the background.

AJ

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

A.

CCleaner only cleans the drive it is installed on. If you add D: & E: as custom folders it will delete every file on those drives, as far as I'm aware.

Yes, that's what I was afraid of ;) . Thank you vety much for your reply!.

A.

CCleaner only deletes specific junk on your main (C:) drive.

IE: It does not search the whole drive for junk it only removes from places its been told junk exists!

I see! Thanks.

A.