LOVE THIS PROGRAM - Question

hotdjdave

I love this program. I install it on all my friends computers or tell them about it.

I was wondering, is there any future plan to make the program automatic (i.e. Webroot's Window Washer). First, the program starts when Windows starts; and when a browser is closed or Windows is closed or starts, the washer does its work. Also, invisible mode when active.

And any plans to add a cleaning of file slack space and unused hard drive space?

Also, any plan to make the cleaning progress at varied security levels with multi pass, random pass, algorithming, and random generating of overwrite data (i.e. DOD Meathod: A high security 7 pass sanitize method, matching the U.S. Department of Defense standards (DOD 5220.22-M). The method is implemented as described below: 1. Randomly generated character A; 2. Complement of character A; 3. Randomly generated data stream 4. Randomly generated character B; 5. Randomly generated character C; 6. Complement of character C; 7. Randomly generated data stream).

And one more question:

I am very leary to use the Issues function of the program, being concerned about making changes to the registry. Are the files CCleaner selects for deletion in this mode safe to remove?

Oh yeah, one more question:

How about the ability to keep certain cookies and safe sites for cookies?

Thank you,

Dave.

I love this program.  I install it on all my friends computers or tell them about it. 

I was wondering, is there any future plan to make the program automatic (i.e. Webroot's Window Washer).  First, the program starts when Windows starts; and when a browser is closed or Windows is closed or starts, the washer does its work.  Also, invisible mode when active.

Simply make or copy the shortcut to CCleaner to the desktop.

Right click and go to Properties.

The Target will read "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe".

To make it run automatically, make the target read this: "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO

Next, move the shortcut into the Start menu's Startup folder.

And any plans to add a cleaning of file slack space and unused hard drive space?

Also, any plan to make the cleaning progress at varied security levels with multi pass, random pass, algorithming, and random generating of overwrite data (i.e. DOD Meathod:  A high security 7 pass sanitize method, matching the U.S. Department of Defense standards (DOD 5220.22-M). The method is implemented as described below:  1. Randomly generated character A;  2. Complement of character A;  3. Randomly generated data stream  4. Randomly generated character B;  5. Randomly generated character C;  6. Complement of character C;  7. Randomly generated data stream).

This has been suggested. Still waiting to see where this is going.

I am very leary to use the Issues function of the program, being concerned about making changes to the registry.  Are the files CCleaner selects for deletion in this mode safe to remove?

It would be safe to clean, as backups are made.

How about the ability to keep certain cookies and safe sites for cookies?

Thank you,

Dave.

In CCleaner look to Options, then click Cookies.

Simply make or copy the shortcut to CCleaner to the desktop.

Right click and go to Properties.

The Target will read "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe".

To make it run automatically, make the target read this:  "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO

Next, move the shortcut into the Start menu's Startup folder.

Thanks, but what I meant, I guess, was to make it automatically clean each time a browser is shut down, thus cleaning internet files everytime.

This has been suggested.  Still waiting to see where this is going.

Thank you.

It would be safe to clean, as backups are made.

Thank you.

In CCleaner look to Options, then click Cookies.

Oh yeah. What I would like to see is the ability to choose an entire url (website address i.e. yahoo.com or msn.com) and not just individual cookies, thus allowing all cookies from a particular "safe" site.

Thanks for everything.

DAVE.

Maybe this has been asked before, if so sorry, but when CCleaner does erases, are they normal (insecure) erases (ie anyone with a disk dditing tool or unerase program can view the erased data ) or are they secure (ie is the data overwritten with zeros)

Thanks

Maybe this has been asked before, if so sorry, but when CCleaner does erases, are they normal (insecure) erases (ie anyone with a disk dditing tool or unerase program can view the erased data ) or are they secure (ie is the data overwritten with zeros)

the files deleted can be recover easily using third party data recovery software software...

--==aGumon==--

Hello, first time user here.

the /AUTO feature, does that make it do a scan or just run in the backround? If it does do a scan and all, does it do it without actually opening the window so you can watch its progress?

Automatically clean when the shortcut is run.

I don't know if it's in the FAQ, but you can copy the CCleaner shortcut to the desktop and in the target, change it to "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO and save that, then put it in the Start > Programs > Startup folder.

Maybe MrG will add an option to automatically create an autoclean startup entry via registry.

• Moderators
I don't know if it's in the FAQ, but you can copy the CCleaner shortcut to the desktop and in the target, change it to "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO and save that, then put it in the Start > Programs > Startup folder.

Maybe MrG will add an option to automatically create an autoclean startup entry via registry.

What's the Run CCleaner when the computer starts Settings in Options then? :unsure:

BTW, it does do an /AUTO. B)

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key