Spell Check Bfor posting new topics

craigathus

Good old spell check ;)"ieSpell"

Got to have it' got it' works great with IE7 (Internet Explorer 7) even got it on my command bar ;)

If I try to run spell check within (Piriform Forums...posting new topic) it doesn't launch, I get a "Windows Internet Explorer" message saying "ieSpell not detected. Click Ok to go to download page" :blink: But I do have it! :angry:

I'm using it now' only if I launch it from the command bar :blink:

Any one no how to tell IE7 to have a good long look at it self :angry: ?

Any one els had the same problem? :(

Update :P

I let it install again! "ieSpell" from the link that comes up after clicking ABC.

IE7 asks if I want to install, because it realizes that it has been installed already. ;)

I don't know but IE7 pro has an inline spell checker(like firefox) and seems to work great.

IE7 pro has lots of other great features too and is a must have if your an IE user. :D

http://www.ie7pro.com/

I have noticed very strange behaviour on this forum with spell checkers and posting in general. I use many different browsers and they all have some quirks in this forum. For example:

Opera, I use the Aspell Spell Checker with Opera. When I use the "Fast Reply" option to post on this forum everything works well. When I use the "reply" or "quote" option it causes several problems. 1) The spell check does not work. It's grayed out in my right click context menu. 2) The line breaks get messed up. Sometimes they work sometimes the line just keeps on going and doesn't wrap were it should. All works well when I use "Fast Reply" though.

Firefox, The in line spell checker works if I post using "Fast Reply" but not if I post use the other options to reply. This is the same behaviour as Opera.

IE7 with IE7 Pro, Same behaviour. In line spell check only works with "Fast Reply" option and not the other options of posting.

IE Spell works fine for IE7, Maxthon 1 and Maxthon 2 no matter what option I use to post. The Goolge Tool Bar's spell checker for IE and Firefox work perfectly in all options.

It seems there is something going on in all the posting options except "Fast Reply". I experience this on 3 machines.

• Moderators

Yep, I've found that the Firefox spellchecker doesn't work as it does everywhere else.

It's OK if you click "spell check this field", but you have to do that with each post.

First version of FF I used worked perfectly, but I don't know if it's Firefox or the Forum move. ;)

Not life threatening, thought I'd give it a mention.

Yep, I've found that the Firefox spellchecker doesn't work as it does everywhere else.

It's OK if you click "spell check this field", but you have to do that with each post.

First version of FF I used worked perfectly, but I don't know if it's Firefox or the Forum move. ;)

Not life threatening, thought I'd give it a mention.

It's the forum. I have no troubles anywhere else. Try a little experiment. Reply to a post but select "Fast Reply" and see if the Firefox spell check works properly. "Fast Reply" is at the bottom of the page

• Moderators

Firefox is working fine here no matter how I reply. Same for IE7 pro.

I don't have the opera spell checker(i've never been able to figure out how to get it to work) so I cant test it.

The computer I'm on now(cheaper of my 2 desktops) has a pretty plain xp set up on it. The only firefox extension installed is adblock plus. I wonder if there could be some extension installed thats causing this? Or maybe some software your running thats interfering?(since its all browsers apparently) Or maybe is my machine thats the messed up one because its working. :P

Anyone else besides these 3 having this problem?

Fire fox is working fine here no matter how I reply. Same for IE pro.

I don't have the opera spell checker(i've never been able to figure out how to get it to work) so I cant test it.

The computer I'm on now(cheaper of my 2 desktops) has a pretty plain xp set up on it. The only firefox extension installed is adblock plus. I wonder if there could be some extension installed thats causing this? Or maybe some software your running thats interfering?(since its all browsers apparently) Or maybe is my machine thats the messed up one because its working. :P

Anyone else besides these 3 having this problem?

I selected "reply" under your post so it would quote your post and intentionally misspelled some words to check if IE7 Pro's in line spell checker works. It doesn't. Work every where else though.

Setting up Opera's spell check is very easy. Go to this site http://aspell.net/win32/ and download the Aspell program for Windows to the default location. Than download a dictionary from the same page to the default location. Thats it. Opera is already set up to recognize Aspell. It will be in your right click context menu.

Instructions from Opera http://www.opera.com/support/tutorials/opera/spellcheck/

This iz thu fast replie you arsked for.

Evry werd I speld rong woz hilited bi thu spel cheker.

Hey, im enjoiing this.

You are experiencing the same behaviour as me than. I am convinced it's the forum and only for the other options of replying not "fast reply".

This iz thu fast replie you arsked for.

Evry werd I speld rong woz hilited bi thu spel cheker.

Hey, im enjoiing this.

hI d3nn1$D :lol: just joking...Hi DennisD.

I'm glad I'm not going MAD! and I can put off getting new glasses.

• 1 year later...

OK It is me Tom B the newbie again.

I tried to use the spell checker and got a message iespell check not detected.

I found a note somewhere about ie7pro and installed it in error.

Now I still get the iespell error but I notice that words spelled wrong are red underlined.

How do I get it to give the correct spelling for the words.

Is ie7pro and iespell the same, just upgraded?

Do I need to tell this program / forum the checker I am using?

Or do I just need to know how to use the checker?

If I go OK to the go to download nothing changes. I think!

Or do I need to go download iespall and not ie7pro?

Thanks, Tom B The red face newbie.

I entered piriform forums the last two days,used google toolbar spellchecker with 0 faults.

In fact,it never fails, and no.... I`m not working for Google ;)

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

I found a note somewhere about ie7pro and installed it in error.
What happened?

Now I still get the iespell error but I notice that words spelled wrong are red underlined.

How do I get it to give the correct spelling for the words.

right click to bring up spelling choices.

Is ie7pro and iespell the same, just upgraded?
I forget what IESpell works like as it has been ages since I use it because I use IE7Pro

Cut-n-paste is the best thing since sliced bread:

http://www.digitalmidget.com/help/cutpaste/index.php <== ignore "But, when it comes to cut and paste with HTML or javascript code" and go to the Slide show and right click come in handy as well as Select all (Ctrl+A) Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) Note: Ctrl+ means depress the Ctrl key and the other key at the same time.

I'm a retired hardware guy but luckily was in the support area for IBM PC's when they first came out and could not use a keyboard unless I used the Two finger method.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I entered piriform forums the last two days,used google toolbar spellchecker with 0 faults.

In fact,it never fails, and no.... I`m not working for Google ;)

I don't like Toolbars as they take up too much space.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I don't like Toolbars as they take up too much space.

Google toolbar is the only one I have, using the minimum needed practical buttons ,and mixed it with Firefox toolbar so it will not take any necessary space,plus minimized toolbar icons.

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators

Firefox randomly acts up on the forums here for me and that's from version 2 and even in version 3. The spell checker has never given me any issues of not working, and my only gripe about it is that it sometimes doesn't know a correction so I just start tinySpell Free which seems far better, plus it works in just about any software.

"I'm a retired hardware guy but luckily was in the support area for IBM PC's when they first came out and could not use a keyboard unless I used the Two finger method. "

Hi Yokenny,

I too worked for that big blue on HW.

Not in the PC area though. TP, Supermarket, 8100, banking.

I think you can contact me via email and not use this space to talk if you wish.

I did not figure out how to do that yet, so give me a shout if you like.

I just tried the Rt click to use the spell check, and it worked, why did I not think of that!?

Not in the PC area though. TP, Supermarket, 8100, banking.
I was at the other end where the big hummers and 3705 TP controllers and hundreds of phone company lines where.

I think you can contact me via email and not use this space to talk if you wish.
We use PMs (Personal Messages) here but only for really private things.

Click on my ID then look for Personal Message.

IE7Pro user