Giveaway of the Day

Jawbax

The giveaways generally aren't that great IMO. I've had their RSS feed on my toolbar for a while and there hasn't been a single program that I've tried that I've kept and often there are better freeware alternatives to the programs offered.

The giveaways generally aren't that great IMO. I've had their RSS feed on my toolbar for a while and there hasn't been a single program that I've tried that I've kept and often there are better freeware alternatives to the programs offered.

I have had a look through the programs offered, but I suppose the value of this site simply makes one more aware. And you can pick up a simple game to pass the odd hour or so too.

Downloaded Cleanse Uninstaller from the Giveawayoftheday site -- supposedly within the "free" period. However, it continues to tell me that what I have is an unregistered version and that it will expire in xx days. What's the deal?

Theres a Softpedia review of Cleanse Uninstall HERE.

Generally, running the application's uninstaller, everything goes fine but when appealing to a brute force elimination of the program, a whole lot more than what should be included is selected. During our testing, we tried this with three different softwares. Every time I followed the regular path and commanded Cleanse Uninstaller to run the application's uninstaller, all went fine. But when it came to force uninstall a lot of registry entries belonging to other applications were selected. Had I not paid attention to the selected elements, I would have dealt with a much bigger problem.

I tried it briefly, didn't think much of it. I'll stick with my trusted combination of Total Uninstall and Reg Mechanic.

• Moderators

I'm starting to also think some of the giveaways aren't that great too from experiencing some of the programs being rather buggy, or just plain and simple unappealing.

• Moderators
Theres a Softpedia review of Cleanse Uninstall HERE.

I tried it briefly, didn't think much of it. I'll stick with my trusted combination of Total Uninstall and Reg Mechanic.

I have to agree with them about that Window that wants to remove registry data and files being not being sizable which is rather annoying, however other than that it's actually a pretty good uninstaller. I've used it to uninstall the other giveaways I've downloaded and didn't like and it really doesn't leave much behind for Total Uninstall to remove.

The odd time they give away some pretty good games, as far as software goes again sometimes its good, like I picked up the Pro Version of Advanced Windows Care, thats a great program, I find it handy to read other peoples comments on the software before downloading anything.....

• Moderators
I find it handy to read other peoples comments on the software before downloading anything.....

You can't always trust other peoples comments though, some will write anything about a software title - unless of course there's like ten posts about a software messing up Windows.

I like trying out a software title for myself that seems appealing from the description and screenshot to find out if I like it. Although some of the Giveaways are really rubbish.