CC Crashes

Guest Matrix Daviau

Guest Matrix Daviau

Hi my first post. I have been using CC for a year or so without problems, love the program however the latest version crashes when using any secure delete, works fine with normal delete.

Have tried suggestions from elsewhere in the forum, nothing fixes it. I'm using XP pro, browser Firefox. any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi my first post. I have been using CC for a year or so without problems, love the program however the latest version crashes when using any secure delete, works fine with normal delete.

Have tried suggestions from elsewhere in the forum, nothing fixes it. I'm using XP pro, browser Firefox. any suggestions?

I had the same problem using previous version of CC. But now, with may 17th's release, all seems OK. Did you completely uninstalled old versions before installing last one?

Guest Matrix Daviau
I had the same problem using previous version of CC. But now, with may 17th's release, all seems OK. Did you completely uninstalled old versions before installing last one?

Sorry about the delay. no I have not usually delete old versions, have just let CC install straight over old one. Will give it a go.

OK have now done a clean install and ran it, same thing happened when in secure cleaning, got the "encountered difficulties and close down message".

I then unchecked everything and went through cleaning checking the boxes one at a time, I found where it is stalling. When Windows log files box is checked it stalls, unchecked it runs perfectly on 7 passes secure. Will just leave that one unchecked, great program thanks.

• 4 weeks later...