GOOD FREE Anti-virus program

KS-FINN

• Moderators

I know you are just wanting to get help but you are making threads that have been done 100000000000000000000 times already.

Also you seem to be asking the same questions over and over again. Search the forum and you will find many many topics exactly like this one.

Look at the links in my signature and you will find all of the computer security information you will need. :)

I know you are just wanting to get help but you are making threads that have been done 100000000000000000000 times already.

Also you seem to be asking the same questions over and over again. Search the forum and you will find many many topics exactly like this one.

Look at the links in my signature and you will find all of the computer security information you will need. :)

Message Received. Won't happen anymore.

Just wondering whether if there is a need for an AV when you can use online ones. I ask this because of the fact that i have not had a virus or any spyware for some time (touch wood) and was wondering if i could ditch the av and use the online ones.

poor KS-FINN :(

I'M REMOVING MYSELF FROM THIS FORUM. THIS SHOULD MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY.!!!!!!! ;)

• Moderators

You don't have to quit posting.. All we asked is that you search the forum a little instead of making numerous posts on the same topics.

Feel free to ask all the questions you want but try to do a little research on your own first. :)

• Moderators
Just wondering whether if there is a need for an AV when you can use online ones. I ask this because of the fact that i have not had a virus or any spyware for some time (touch wood) and was wondering if i could ditch the av and use the online ones.

I wouldn't do this for the simple fact that if something did sneak onto your system you wouldn't know it until it caused damage. Also what are you going to do if a virus blocks you from running the scans. I think its worth it to run at least an antivirus.(AVG uses less then 2mb of ram. You won't see any system impact from running it).

Okay rridgely it does make sense as like you said some viruses do stop you from using your browser and what not. Okay so out of the two AVG AV and AntiVir which one is most recommended not for the best on system resources but for protection and detection of malware

• Moderators
out of the two AVG AV and AntiVir which one is most recommended not for the best on system resources but for protection and detection of malware

AntiVir! ;)

Also the newest AntiVir comes with a built-in Rootkit scanner whereas with most other anti-apps that would be a completely other program altogether.