uhm this is weird

xbrianx

Before, I used Firefox to browse. IE 7 could never connect too. Today, I start up my computer, and it's the opposite. Firefox wont connect and IE 7 does. :unsure:

I don't really know where to check for my firewall exceptions either. Norton has too many exceptions :rolleyes:

Hmmm, in my Norton firewall settings, Firefox was set to "block all". Since I haven't done a full scan with it in a long time and Norton keeps telling me, maybe it's mad. :P

I'll be doing some scans tonight to make sure nothing is interfering with my connection.

Haha, I'm psycho! :blink: It's fine now. I asked my mom if she got on the computer while I was at school, and she put it to "block all" when it told her Firefox was trying to access the internet. women.... :P

• Moderators
Haha, I'm psycho! :blink: It's fine now. I asked my mom if she got on the computer while I was at school, and she put it to "block all" when it told her Firefox was trying to access the internet. women.... :P

It's Norton's fault for even asking to block Firefox! Their firewall should know Firefox is a browser, as any and all other braindead firewalls that ask fifty million damn questions!

What I'm guessing happened is that Firefox auto updated because they just released a update. Often when this happens your firewall will block Firefox because it thinks it's a new program because of the update and you have to re allow Firefox access to the internet. If you go to the Firefox forums you will see many threads about Firefox not being able to connect to the internet after an update and it's almost always because of the firewall. Check and see if you are running Firefox 2.0.0.4 if you are than it updated and your Mom blocked it when it was trying to connect. She should have allowed it. It is very common for Firefox updates to do this.