CCleaner v2.0 News

MrG

how about telling us things that will have this new release??? :)

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

I'm available as beta tester too!!! I've been beta tester for many many year and many many softwares!!!

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

Not sure how the CCleaner staff selects their beta testers, but I have volunteered several times in the past and never received a reply any of my messages. All I can hope is that the beta testers they have are testing on more than just the XP and Vista platforms. I fix computers for a living and have to maintain and use Win 98, as well. I beta test for several shareware authors now, but CCleaner doesn't seem to be interested in new testers for some reason... <_<

Oo sounds good. I hope the GUI is improved vastly, because CCleaner looks a little outdated, when compared with the new ad-aware version.

Really, I think the new AdAware looks really tacky :mellow:

Same, I like the way CCleaner is now, thats why I really want to see some screen shots.

It looks a bit 'fake' when it that skinned.

If CCleaner is gonna be skinned like that, at least include a classic skin option please.

I don't mind the ad-aware 6 SE skin too much, got use to it I suppose.

fireryone

I think that CCleaner has a great layout and that it should stay the same. I would just request some Vista looking/newer glassier icons for CCleaner and some interface re-adjustment.

I don't know what Piriform has set for CCleaner but I'm hopeful that we'll be getting some screenshots soon.

Oh, just to put my opinion in, I hate the way Ad-Aware looks.

I won't even use the new Ad-Aware it sucks. No longer can you have it installed on a flash rom and stick it in a computer and run it without installing it. Just another service to hog up computer resources so I now exclusively use Spybot and HijackThis for all my needs.

Can't wait to see the new CCleaner here. I use browsers like lolifox so to make it compatible with CCleaner I used ntfs junctions to make the Firefox paths point to the Lolifox folders so the method to keep cookies will work. Would be nice if it was possible to set paths to browsers like firefox or something manually and not read the data from the registry so that it will work with all modded browsers ;) Second feature I would really love to see is file exclusions too so I can use custom folder to delete all the crap in a specific folder without deleting the necessary files. Because of the lack of file exclusion I am currently not able to use the convenience and power of CCleaner to clean many folders.

I'm also available as a beta tester and have beta tested many softwares as well as did some application development with Delphi so I have a little knowledge on finding out why something crashes or doesn't work right.

Same, I like the way CCleaner is now, thats why I really want to see some screen shots.

It looks a bit 'fake' when it that skinned.

If CCleaner is gonna be skinned like that, at least include a classic skin option please.

I don't mind the ad-aware 6 SE skin too much, got use to it I suppose.

+1 even if the short use of ccleanerest, it is nevertheless more pleasant with skins