Best p2p system

Hello.

I currently use emule and love it, but want to mess around with other systems and see how they work. I'm particularly interested in torrents, but have zero idea how they work.

Any suggestions as to which is the best torrent downloader? I'm really not sure of the different features or abilities of them all, and there seems to be quite a few out there.

thanks. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

ive downloaded utorrent, bearshare and limewire and installed them all.

also, since i use a router and have a static ip set up, i input all of the ports that they use into my router. now i just have to figure out how to use em....:)

torrents have always been my method of P2P. Love it. Really all you will ever need is a client for BitTorrent, Gnutella, Gnutella 2, and eDonkey2k networks and you will be set for p2p.

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

If you are worried about your computer safety when using p2p sharing client, maybe you can just install and run Peer Guardian 2. And I don't think running two or more different p2p clients at the same time is a good idea either: you will suffer from slow download speed and causing traffic-congestion to the p2p community.

Oh, by the way did anyone found a good replacement for Utorrent yet (beside Azurues)? I still stuck with Utorrent because I can't find any better bittorrent client yet... :(

Well first time user, i noticed that none of the posts mentioned, either limewire or MP3Rocket, are these acceptable places to down load from or are there pitfalls to those two sites.

Just starting out in the DJ'ing scene and would like some other referances beside the help from those useing the other two sites.

Thanks for any info :)

• Moderators
I use uTorrent, simple and easy, no real configuration needed for it to work.

I haven't tried any others...

http://www.utorrent.com/

I just tried some different clients over the past few days and didn't really care for any of them, so I went right back to uTorrent.

For a listing of recommended and not recommended BitTorrent clients view:

http://forums.torrentspy.com/showthread.php?t=24621

If you are worried about your computer safety when using p2p sharing client, maybe you can just install and run Peer Guardian 2.

Peer Guardian is the most useless program that i have ever used on my computer. I used it and i got more problems than i was asking for. After speaking with a couple of people, i realized that the program does absolutely nothing at all.

btw, utorrent.com is blocked by Peer Guardian. The people running it are way too paranoid.

as for ?Torrent, i love it. But i am not a fan of the new versions. right now, i'm using uTorrent revision 2595 or something like that. The newer builds have some weird thing in the GUI which just kills it's beauty. It also felt slower...