CCleaner Suggestions And Questions

hello all, i am new at the board and that is my first message. :)

first i need to say thanks very much to maker of that perfect program especially for free, i use it for 2 months at first time it cleaned over 600mb unnecessary files... i allways look for updates to the site... B)

now i have some questions and suggestions about that program. :unsure:

* at the tools > uninstall section, we can change the program names at the list, why not we cant see the program icons and change the icons at the list like at "your installer!" program?

* why not CCleaner dont remove internet explorer 7 update uninstallers?

* i know the main theme of the program is cleaner for unnecessary files but why not there isnt a start menu ordering tool, i am asking because there is a "start up" set tool at the program...

* i read informations about $hf_mig$ folder, it is ok but what about that ones are they neccessary? will they be at the new version?

$NtServicePackUninstallIDNMitigationAPIs$

$NtServicePackUninstallNLSDownlevelMapping$

* screensaver uninstaller would be cool...

* "no yahoo toolbar at the installer" is the one difference between Standard Build and Basic Version?

i need to report there is some wrongs in turkish language at the basic version :rolleyes:

they were my suggestions and questions, thanks... ^^

* i see Spybot - Search & Destroy at applications section but why not it clean that folders

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Backups <----

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes <----

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs <----

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Snapshots

It does remove Spybot logs. If you are suggesting it clean the rest of those items it would be a really bad idea remove Spybots backups, exclusions, recovery or snapshots.

i dont ignore anything at spybot s&d but maybe excludes files can be necessary, 0kb all of them!!

i dont touch recovery and snapshots they are necessary files i think...

but backups and logs are not necesarry if you know what happened and what did you do with your spy-bot - s&d! my pc is safety and works properly...

it was 25-30 mb backup files and logs when i first erased by hand...

i dont ignore anything at spybot s&d but maybe excludes files can be necessary, 0kb all of them!!

i dont touch recovery and snapshots they are necessary files i think...

but backups and logs are not necesarry if you know what happened and what did you do with your spy-bot - s&d! my pc is safety and works properly...

it was 25-30 mb backup files and logs when i first erased by hand...

But CCleaner is designed to be safe, if it was made to remove safety features in Spybot that would not be safe. Your exclude files are probably at 0Kb because you haven't set any exclusions in Spybot (I have and need those exclusions kept).

Recovery files should ONLY be removed manually within Spybot once you know they can be safely removed, not removed automatically by any other program.

Snapshots are a useful feature in Spybots tools section for checking quickly if anything has been added in startup, BHO's or active-x. Again, shouldn't be removed automatically.

I'm not sure what the backups folder is for (mine is empty) but the logs ARE cleaned by CCleaner, I've just double checked. If the logs aren't being cleaned on yours then there is something wrong.

• Moderators
Recovery files should ONLY be removed manually within Spybot once you know they can be safely removed, not removed automatically by any other program.

Agreed! And if CC was removing recovery files (which would be going to far in my opinion) I'm sure the Spybot-S&D maintainers wouldn't be at all too happy.

when i opened that topic i didnt know that we can add new applications with a new winapp2.ini file, it is very good thing too, i need to report that...

and i checked just 2 minutes ago, CCleaner cleans the log files of spybot-s&d in that folder

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

and statistics.ini file in that folder

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Recovery and Snapshots files necessary, i know, i didnt make "<--------" sign for them when i writed at first message... maybe Excludes will be necessary for me later too, i can ignore some application from spybot-s&d.

so backup folder is not important for me, i can just add an application to winapp2.ini file for myself so that problem fixed for me. thanks JDPower and Andavari for answers about it... ;)

i am going to clean that spybot part of my message...