CCleaner cleanup increases size of textboxes and textrea (Form elements) in Firefox

Hello

I am now running thelatest version of CCleaner and everything seems to be ok. But from an old CCleaner some registry change (I guess) was made that led to my Firefox and Opera input boxes (in html the "input" tag) very large. This has happened on many PCs for many users for whom I recommended the old version of CCleaner (dont remember the exact version, but around Sep 2006).

Any idea how I can now fix this? It's very irritating.

Thanks

Why are you still recommending an old version version from way back then?

Just recommend the most recent version 1.40 (or 1.38 if they still have trouble with secure delete).

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling (latest version of) the browsers?

fireryone

Its because you ran CCleaner with firefox open(this is why the newer versions have a prompt to tell you that firefox is open)

Close firefox and run CCleaner 2 times to fix it.

I ran it twice with Firefox and everything else closed. Ran everything -- app cleaner, registry fixer, etc. More than twice each. Nothing has changed even now. Any other ideas for what to fix, or "unfix"? Thanks much.

Why are you still recommending an old version version from way back then?

Just recommend the most recent version 1.40 (or 1.38 if they still have trouble with secure delete).

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling (latest version of) the browsers?

I am not recommending the old version. As I mentioned in my original post, I had already run the old version of CCleaner in Sep 2006 or thereabouts. This already screwed up Firefox THEN, not now. I have tolerated it since then. I have already installed the latest Firefox *2.0.0.3* at the time of this writing. Same problem. I have also tried to fix the problem from Firefox userChrome.css file but even that doesnt do it/