Stopped cleaning

SaiyaMel

Not sure if anyone else has asked this already...this has just started a couple days ago, and it has done it to me in the past.. whenever i click the "Run Cleaner" button or use the "ClickClean" addon, CCleaner wont clean and shuts right down. reinstalling CCleaner hasn't resolved the problem..

Is this a bug? if not - what could be the problem on my end?

• Moderators

Well the current v1.39 is known to be buggy there's more than enough threads that have detailed that. You could always try an older version. Old versions of CC are available at Filehippo.com here, just look on the right hand side to get an older version.

I had the same problem. I just removed the newest version and downloaded ver. 1.38. It's up and running again. Took me all of 2 minutes to do.

Tim

Not sure if anyone else has asked this already...this has just started a couple days ago, and it has done it to me in the past.. whenever i click the "Run Cleaner" button or use the "ClickClean" addon, CCleaner wont clean and shuts right down. reinstalling CCleaner hasn't resolved the problem..

Is this a bug? if not - what could be the problem on my end?

I had the same problem. I just removed the newest version and downloaded ver. 1.38. It's up and running again. Took me all of 2 minutes to do.

Tim

Greetings,

I am having the same problem with version 140.520. I have found that if on secure clean you use 3 sweeps rather than 7 sweeps is does not do that, at least not to me. But it still has this bug. It started today so I changed the secure settings. This is a very good product and I hope that this bug can be fixed.

Ivan