Patch Tuesday Plugs 19 Microsoft Security Holes

Humpty

Microsoft today issued software updates to plug at least 19 separate security holes in its Windows operating system and other software, including two vulnerabilities that criminals are actively exploiting to take control of Windows PCs. Windows users can install the free updates through the Microsoft Update Web site or via Automatic Updates.

All seven of the patch bundles released today earned "critical" labels, Microsoft's most severe. Critical vulnerabilities are those that provide criminals the ability to gain control over vulnerable machines remotely, the kind that are usually exploitable just by convincing a user to visit a malicious Web site or open a specially crafted e-mail.

Article

I checked todayfor my updates even though i have it so it installs them automatically.

This is the message it came up with,

Important:

You've asked us not to show one or more high-priority updates

but your computer might be at risk until they are installed.

as far as I am aware I haven't done or changed anything to do with this ,so Iam wondering what to do about this,can anyone help?

• Moderators

Important:

as far as I am aware I haven't done or changed anything to do with this ,so Iam wondering what to do about this,can anyone help?

That's because at some point you must have told either Microsoft Update, or Automatic Updates not to offer a download. To find out what isn't being offered for updating you can visit Microsoft Update then click the link that shows you hidden updates (I think it's on the bottom left). Or a more drastic measure that can also un-hide updates is to use Dial-a-fix and click Flush SoftwareDistribution.

I checked todayfor my updates even though i have it so it installs them automatically.

Important:

I get that every time I run Windows Update cos I've hidden the 'Windows Genuine Advantage Notification' update.

BTW whats this Capicom thing that was in the update and now has its own category in Windows Update?