CCleaner runs when browser closes

I think the inclusion of a option that directs CCleaner to run when IE closes would be a good one.

I'm sure that someone has an idea as to how to make this happen external to IE and CCleaner. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Billy

• 2 weeks later...
I think the inclusion of a option that directs CCleaner to run when IE closes would be a good one.

I'm sure that someone has an idea as to how to make this happen external to IE and CCleaner. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Billy

Totally agree with you, Billy, but I think your best bet would be to picket one of the IE Shell writers (such as SlimBrowser or Avant Browser) to add 'Run program X at shutdown' to their shell...

Totally agree with you, Billy, but I think your best bet would be to picket one of the IE Shell writers (such as SlimBrowser or Avant Browser) to add 'Run program X at shutdown' to their shell...

It should be easy enough using a batch file if you really want to do it. Something like this works fine:

@echo offSTART /wait C:\Progra~1\Intern~1\iexplore.exeSTART C:\Progra~1\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe /AUTO

Save it in notepad as 'Internet Explorer.bat', put it away somewhere and create a shortcut to it. Right click the shortcut, select properties, change the icon to the IE one and change the 'run' dropdown to minimised and replace your Internet Explorer shortcuts with that.

Only downside is having a command window open (but minimised) the whole time your using IE, I don't know a way round that.