Good gaming mouse?

xbrianx

A lot of people say that an optical mouse is better for gaming than a wireless mouse, mainly because it takes sometime to get used to the wireless feeling. I search on NewEgg for some cheap but DECENT mouses( I never figured this out: is it mouses or mice when dealing with the "non-alive" computer accessory? :blink: ) Anyways, I found a lot of them with a lot of buttons, one had 8!! This one, which is only 10 dollars seems to be just right for me; black, decent sized, not a lot of buttons, etc.

Do you guys think this will be a good gaming mouse? I play Halo online, and right now with my ball mouse I use 10 sensitivity(the highest) and I'm sure I'll use the same sensitivity with the optical mouse, but this ball mouse requires a lot of work to turn around. :lol:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16826105026

• Moderators

Any decent optical mouse will do. I actually think MS makes some of the most comfortable ones.

I wouldn't by one with buttons everywhere. Just more hassle clicking what you want. :D

Wireless mice are good but if you can use a wired one without problems I would(plenty of cord slack ect). Mainly because changing the batteries is a hassle when I'm in the middle of something.(but if you do go wireless get rechargeable batteries. You wont regret it.)

• Moderators

Try this! :P

----

I wouldn't recommend getting a wireless mouse because if it's anything like my Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer you'll be popping in new batteries every month or two, however I do like what Microsoft designs in their IntelliMouse Explorer line as the ergonomics just seem to fit the hand perfectly.

Well i have a wireless Microsoft mouse which i find to be very good. However i use re-chargeable batters with it which is a major hassle.

I think that i heard some where that the response time is better on a wired mouse than a wireless or something like that as i cant rely remember.

Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna stick with the simple, optical mouse with a cord. But, NewEgg required some number my mom's credit card didn't have....I had to find the mouse somewhere else. I found another Microsoft mouse with a cord, but everyone is saying: "it's the best mouse!" or "my pointer sometimes jumps to the top left of the screen and the cord is too stiff". I don't want that if I'm playing Halo. :rolleyes:

So, I found this one on CompUSA, which I may be able to pick up in the store. It's not Microsoft, but still seems good by the ratings.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...ype=rv#moreinfo

What do you guys think?

Logitech makes good mouses. I have the LX700 or is it... LX300? Anyways, both keyboard and mouse our wireless and work well. I play Halo but the wireless just... don't cut it. I may go to walmart and buy a non-wireless mouse :)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Logitech makes good mouses. I have the LX700 or is it... LX300? Anyways, both keyboard and mouse our wireless and work well. I play Halo but the wireless just... don't cut it. I may go to walmart and buy a non-wireless mouse :)

Thanks. I guess I'll order it then. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

You don't have to install their junk software unless you have extra configurable buttons though.

It is pretty rediculous that if you look at a hjt log from someone who uses their mouse/keyboard combo thing you will see like 30 entries for backweb.