Computer Temperature

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

I was wondering if inside my case.. 91 degrees fahrenheit would be too hot.

Also here is my fan setup.. I have a fan on the side pushing air in.. and a fan on the top taking air out (of the case).

Also I have an exhaust fan in the back taking air out (inside of the case in the back). My power supply also has 3 fans on it.. one in the back, one on the bottom, and one on the front. I know the back one pushes out air (working like an exhaust) but I don't know about the other two. My processor is to the right of the fan blowing in air (on the side of the case).. so it should be cool. My question is why would my computer be this hot?

EDIT: This should be in hardware, excuse my stupidity.

Hi xxxxsh4d0wxxxx. :)

Forgive me if I am telling you something you already know, but:

You want to know the temperature of your hard drive and processor as well as the case temp.

SIW (System Information for Windows) a great application. It requires no installation, will run from a folder or flash drive. Runs fairly fast. Will tell you the temp of your hard drive and processor if they are equipped to report that information.

It is available at http://www.gtopala.com/

My hard drive is at 43 deg C., 109 deg. F.

My Processor is at 48 deg C., 118 deg F and 55 Deg C., 131 deg F.

I checked on the manufacturers site for the processor, seems too hot, but if I read the specs right it is OK. You can probably find the specs for your system and check it out.

Some of the others on this forum are pretty experienced in building systems, maybe they will ring in.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Hi xxxxsh4d0wxxxx. :)

Forgive me if I am telling you something you already know, but:

You want to know the temperature of your hard drive and processor as well as the case temp.

SIW (System Information for Windows) a great application. It requires no installation, will run from a folder or flash drive. Runs fairly fast. Will tell you the temp of your hard drive and processor if they are equipped to report that information.

It is available at http://www.gtopala.com/

My hard drive is at 43 deg C., 109 deg. F.

My Processor is at 48 deg C., 118 deg F and 55 Deg C., 131 deg F.

I checked on the manufacturers site for the processor, seems too hot, but if I read the specs right it is OK. You can probably find the specs for your system and check it out.

Some of the others on this forum are pretty experienced in building systems, maybe they will ring in.

Greetings,

I guess I can assume if I click "Sensors"(under hardware),Using SIW, and get nothing, that I don't have those temp sensors on my pc? Replies will be appreciated!

Bernard

Yeah, how do I run it?

Just click on the exefile, it can be stored anywhere.

I think you're right, Smooves, some hard drives don't have the sensors. . .don't know for sure. One of mine gives no result.

Hope it works OK for you. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Ugh, call me stupid.. but I'm not seeing the .exe file download.

Greetings,

Just run(or open) the siw.exe file you download from HERE. It doesn't install. It launches from that file. I put mine in the C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Start Menu\Programs folder. It'll be in your Start Menu, if you put it there.

Bernard

Ugh, call me stupid.. but I'm not seeing the .exe file download.

Not stupid. . .incomplete explanation on my part. <_< Smooves fixed it. Do you get a temp reading now?

Ok, cool. Thanks!

Greetings,

And if you wanna take a few extra steps to do it right...I create a new folder in C:\Program Files for safe keeping, name it System Information For Windows(or SIW), put the siw.exe file in there, right click the siw.exe, and create a shortcut, then put the shortcut in the Start Menu\Programs folder. That way you can rename the shortcut w/o using the .exe extension. Otherwise, Windows can't recognize a file when the extension is changed or missing. You can create sub folders in the Start Menu\Programs folder, as well, such as Utilites, Gadgets, Photo Imaging, etc, then drag & drop Programs into those folders directly in the Start Menu. Helps to organize your Start Menu, and keep it less cluttered. :-) Hope this Helps!

Bernard

Speedfan is a great great free application. Though, you have to install it, which worthed. Another one is knew is hard drive inspector which is commercial but it is really good too!

My Hard drive's temperature is 111f- maximum that i had seen(laptop)

Core 0 is 86-93f, core 1 is tabout the same. temperature1 is 120f, which i think it talkings about the overall temperature

Can anyone verify that my laptop temperature is normal? i think it is.

Can moderator move this to hardware?

• Moderators
Speedfan is a great great free application.

I think this is a great freeware program, and it runs at less than 2mb in the sys tray.

Only thing I need some guidance on, is that I have 3 active temperature readings, and two active fan speeds.

Apart from the HD temp, which is obvious, how can you tell which is cpu temp, and which is case temp, and how can you tell which fan is cooling what?

Apart from that, has anyone read the License Agreement?

speedfan.jpg.xs.jpg