Somewhat Unclear on Using CCleaner Process

Glad to see an EDIT option for the Post Author. I just located the Beginner's Guide Link in another post. So, if I do not receive any replies to this post I completely understand and will not be offended.

Thanks......TTT

First;

I had my tower taken in to have an internal re-writer installed properly and to have the professional tech person clean up my computer. This was how I came to learn of CCleaner. After using it for a couple months, I have been very pleased with it. After this time lapse, I came to view it is a beneficial tool in removing useless info and freeing up space. Therefore, I believe it has earned my respect for a donation and proceeded in doing so. Well worth it. . I also want to extend my gratitude to whomever does this for myself and others.

Second;

The following is a questionI know I should have asked sooner, either here or from the tech pro who fixed my pc and introduced me to CCleaner. However, I didn't but better late than never. Anyway, here goes:

When I run CCleaner, is there anything special I need to do, other than just click on run cleaner? That is, if I do not care to analyze it. The tech pro installed it along with some other valid anti-spy/virus software. He has check marks placed in boxes and I think it has been set up to clean the items from my computer which I do not need. I think this because he advised me to continually check for updates for programs and also to run programs on a regular basis and explained the importance of following through with it. During our pleasant and helpful conversation he continued to say that alot of people think they need a new computer because their's is running slow when in fact all they need is to have all the c_ _ p removed.

Since using CCleaner I have not experienced any problems with my pc what-so-ever.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Noralyn

• Moderators
Glad to see an EDIT option for the Post Author. I just located the Beginner's Guide Link in another post. So, if I do not receive any replies to this post I completely understand and will not be offended.

Welcome to the forum TipToeTulip, pleased you sorted your problem out.

Nice name, reminds me of an old song.

:)