Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums

akaArturoK

Members
  • Content Count

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About akaArturoK

  • Rank
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thank you Nukecad. I forgot to mention something that may negate your conclusion. Note that CCleaner does deal with cookies as part of its cleanup routine, and therefore must have access to whatever system-maintained list that SpywareBlaster acts upon. When the behavior I described began, the cookies being unblocked were earlier alphabetically than LOP. The LOP was just an example of the weird behavior that cookies that SpywareBlaster has blacklisted are being unblocked and that ones later in the alphabet are blocked later. No particular cookie is immune as far as I can tell. LOP does not appear actually to be on my system; it's just in SpywareBlaster's blacklist. I am not 100% sure the problem is with CCleaner, though, and I have turned off all automatic cleanings under the Smart Clean settings to see if that is part of the problem. Thank you for mentioning MalwareBytes which I have used for years.
  2. I use CCleaner Professional on Windows 10. Searching the forum, I found this problem had occurred a few years ago, but the solution proposed then does not work now. Problem: After several hours of Firefox use, I think CCleaner is unblocking some cookies that SpywareBlaster has blocked. It is notable that the cookies unblocked each time proceed through SpywareBlaster's list alphabetically not randomly, and the alphabetic process continues over system shutdown/reboots. For example, on one day cookie Lop.com(25) gets unblocked and then the next day cookie Lop.com(26) gets unblocked. For me, this has been going on for months and I have eliminated many possible culprits, narrowing down, I think, to CCleaner. Please correct me if wrong. The old solution was to uncheck "Site Preferences" in Firefox's cleaning options. Well, that has never been checked in my installation. Nor is it checked for Firefox (or any other browser) in CCleaner. I am step-by-step disabling CCleaner's automatic executions to see if the problem goes away. Please let me know if there is a known solution. My instinct is that there is a range/boundary error somewhere, but that is just a guess.
×
×
  • Create New...