Well, after much "Googling" and reading other users with similar problems I found a FIX. I have been using CCleaner for many years and this is the first time I have had a problem. In most cases everything pointed to Trend Security. To fix the problem ended up quite simple.
1. Open Trend Micro Toolbar
2. Navigate to Protection Settings (see image below)
3. Select Exception Lists and then Programs/folders
4. CCleaner application is normally defaulted after installation to your PC under "C" Drive Programs Files. It will be filed there as C:|Program Files\CCleaner .
5. Under Trend now go to Programs/folders under Protection Settings, select +Add menu then paste in C:|Program Files\CCleaner
5. Then Apply and OK. I have two PC's, one has the free version and the other has the Pro Version of CCleaner. They now both work perfectly......good luck. I was not able to contact Trend as they are only open for support Mon-Fri.