Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums

larryg1516

Members
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About larryg1516

  • Rank
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

131 profile views
  1. Since I've started using 5.64.7613, I've noticed strange information accumulating in the ccleaner.ini file. It's appears to be something that's being added related to the new Health Check function. I'm see this LCD=ioPmvO1PWq9nTa7SOykTToUVVs3Feta5dLxR6kyX9rq3Laxjthad4c6alPyq4D6wzpneMvY/ qgqPJKRoAcUfgYQZjAH8UI3oNYy3rtbA6Ucp2lXLQjLBajJHiM+2aT1oAs6xe1SrpeE4xjTd 16msX1nqqhn2en8FNU/GRXoqudnGOb76UxrmlurEnnrBIvagGzyaImDtqU5KVmOKNtkkJEYS iL9DU8hCU6pY7sqHx/8PqtWbxfSxbJjSSLda6/0J1UWCmM6ztFsJey6BdmZGf74k8sXUZco8 ofWmEVMT97sN9yFUu1n4HxrHUB/ddXijbLxmm9TGnemSDp2iZA9D2lq/NWPWom5rtbF9b1up xQq+yzjESloTFQ== Thvp9N1unyEUPKiLBkVZ+krbcZiAsJLmY3TlRxw//6SirmQsdT3LgU+E5kX+UehMx3vsVk+l yndMYEBCWNEZD2XcMAAxFMa1AsUaMpEZ84G1XxjhBNs8oH+/hEo+4VgB+yuLpVrZqyBcWfbT pqIiOOFkQUCCo4LVnAfrX0xIxixdvf8g2+O1A9aDaNB9aTH35ksFSUvtC6NQf7Dtn9ei9S/n JkMzhtW6Bg82TlTPbj7eJp1ELo7FE5kXtCG0JyRSJAEOki4lN4DKPDbTXCG5JxJReO8G7dfS dIp55xVz8bkLUA== qhJkK0ZjmEHp9unDnXPo1aFjaAMB9xAhlffeYt/vlPubxtR+7XIQUxSNRNAKeyZl64zC9Fvx FrxLj05vYRsxOJWxsEfja/lPLmFqIhYyhKwkbqfKLh2MpLuSD+lbfRgZEm+QbwfNj5jVhtwT aPkB1x4g3Y4a0H/8xKzO6PF1+ftpIdjKYRpqtsUskgDJpdAeuw3udHVQgOn/SAbe7KCq0mlB e3p5+yqgDgQfPlY5YeWvLLcGSCtAo1oy8L0iy18pHTlUe4sTUEZzjZv5+w7vE4Pt9SE54QSa 1TO3zZJjhn3dvQ== New blocks of this information are continually being added to the file. It appears that a block of this information is added the first time 5.64.7613 is run and you get the message about the new Health Check function. Later runs do not put up the message but apparently new blocks of this 'LCD' information are added. Doesn't seem to have any purpose other than growing the ccleaner.ini file. Not a functional problem but something that should be cleaned up if it serves no purpose.
  2. Tried again and it installed without error. Close issue.
  3. When trying to run the file ccsetup556.exe to install the newly released CCleaner V5.56, I'm getting a Firewall Alert about an invalid digital signature (see attached). Is this a correct situation or indicating a corrupted/malware file?
  4. CCleaner now creatse a cookie ipm-provider.ff.avast.com that keeps track of the fact the the advertising popup has been displayed. You need to go into CCleaner Options and then Cookies. Move that cookie, which should be shown in the 'Cookies on Computer' list to the 'Cookies to Keep' list. That way it won't be deleted every time you run CCleaner and lose the fact that the advertisement has already been displayed. Of course, make sure your browser is not automatically deleting cookies when you close the browser.
  5. CCleaner Version: 5.01.5075 Windows Version: 8.1, 64-bit Since installing version 5 of CCleaner, I've started seeing the following error in the Windows 8.1 Event Viewer Event ID 78, SideBySide Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.17415_none_a9ed7f470139b3c1.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.17415_none_6240486fecbd8abb.manifest. This is occurring once a day, usually around 3 AM. The computer this is occurring on runs 24x7 but I am not on the computer at the time the error occurs so this must be related to an automated task the CCleaner is starting once a day. I've seen this exact same error before in an Adobe application that was run to check for updates. In that case, blog entries discussing the problem diagnosed it as such "This error is caused by a wrong manifest embedded in the FormDesigner application. If you open the application in Visual Studio and extract the manifest you will see two references to the common controls dll - one processor-agnostic (*) version and one version requiring x86. On a 64-bit machine processor-agnostic references will appearantly resolve to the 64-bit version. The error in the event log is legitimate since imports are already defined from whatever version was process first. To test just try removing the processor-agnostic reference from the manifest and resave the app in Visual Studio. When you rerun the app the errors are gone." Here's the complete event viewer details - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="SideBySide" /> <EventID Qualifiers="49409">78</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-12-22T11:04:15.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>57368</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>MiniSystem</Computer> <Security /> </System> - <EventData> <Data>C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.17415_none_a9ed7f470139b3c1.manifest</Data> <Data>C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.17415_none_6240486fecbd8abb.manifest</Data> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> <Data>c:\program files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe</Data> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> <Data /> </EventData> </Event>
×
×
  • Create New...