Previous to this point, I have installed versions of Ccleaner, Defraggler, Recuva & Speccy on my desktop PC (Windows XP) without any problems. As I started to run Ccleaner yesterday, I took note of an available update. I downloaded and executed the update successfully. I made a backup copy of the Registry, as suggested, and ran Ccleaner, deleted the items as Ccleaner recommended, then went back to the website to download the new update for Speccy. After I did, I tried to execute the "Wizard" several times but it persisted in freezing every time at the "Please wait..." point. I uninstalled the previous version of the program (spsetup116.exe), which sometimes provided erroneous data, but otherwise was working, to see if it might somehow be interfering with execution. This did not help. I deleted the copy of Speccy v1.18 Wizard, downloaded a fresh copy of it from the website, and tried to execute that Wizard, but the problem continued. i allowed plenty of time for the Wizard to "thaw out", but to no avail. After each failure I have to use Windows Task Manager to end the "Not Responding" program. Being a "newbie", I hope I'm posting this in the correct place and that I have provided sufficient information to determine the cause of this problem. It is most likely with my computer, but being so, my suspicions would suggest it was caused by a change to the registry.