Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Experimentalist

  • Rank
  1. Actually, here's a question: When you check the antivirus libraries of these different programs, is that particular virus listed? There's a lot of them out there, and tests have shown a lot of divergence in antivirus software coverage.
  2. How then do you explain that the problem went away after I uninstalled the software, then reinstalled from a different source? I did not make any changes to what I do or do not want installed. You really think the signatures can be that easily confused? I'm surprised, but then I'm far from an expert on the subject.
  3. It's a vanishingly small probability that this problem is caused by software settings in CCleaner. Your (and my) Webroot AntiViris software recognized a serious threat. This is not some software incompatibility, nor is it something the users have done wrong. It's a malicious piece of software someone deliberately installed into the CCleaner download from File Hippo. While I am not a hacker myself, I understand it's not terribly difficult to hack a web site. It's in the news often enough. I would guess someone hacked File Hippo and replaced the legitimate version of CCleaner with th
  4. Interesting. It was repeatably demonstrated that the virus appeared whenever CCleaner was run, and the problem went away when CCleaner was reinstalled from an alternative source. And yet you think this was a false positive on the part of the antivirus program? Your confidence in File Hippo appears unshakable.
  5. I am using Webroot antivirus with spy sweeper. And no.... I did not let the virus out after it went into quarantine. I destroyed it every time it was captured. I'll say up front that I do not know for certain what was happening. However, I have some good ideas. What I do know is that the virus appeared consistently every time CCleaner was run. I also know that after uninstalling CCleaner, and then reinstalling from the Piriform web site, the problem went away. My supposition is that the version available on File Hippo was compromised. The compromised CCleaner
  6. Sorry to make a virus report as my first post, but that is what I believe has happened. Every time I run CCleaner version 2.32.1165, my antivirus software catches "trojan-relayer-jolleee". This is a very repeatable observation. Every time I run CCleaner, my antivirus software pops up with the Trojan in quarantine. Trojan-Relayer-Jolleee is ranked as a high-risk virus. My antivirus software offers the following description: "Trojan-Relayer-Jolleee is a remore access Trojan that may allow a hacker to gain unrestriced access to your computer when you are online". I believe I down
  • Create New...