Allow users to add new apps for cleaning

I have installed Firefox light browser, which needs to be cleaned like other browsers,

but I find ccleaner not already recognizing it and it is not appearing in list of apps,

nor do I find any option in ccleaner to add a new apps that I want to be cleaned.

Please consider allowing users to add new apps for cleaning,

users can be presented with several categories of apps in which it is in, so that, selecting one (say "browsers") can tell ccleaner which folders to click,

or user can specify specific hdd folders in that app that needs to be checked and cleaned by ccleaner.

Edited: I use 5.03 version.

Thanks.

--

Rawat

Edited by vsrawat

• Moderators

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

The feature has existed for several years via using the winapp2.ini file.

wow. I downloaded that, and now my APPLICATION tab is showing hundreds of new entries. I shall take time to go through all of them and figure out how that helps my issue.

Thanks for the prompt and exact tip.

(sad that the site is saying that I have reached my quota of positive votes for the day" so I couldn't LIKE your post. surprising that I made my account today and didn't like any single post so far, even then my quota is exceeded.)

I saw the first page but I guess so much technical jargon is beyond my comprehension, and I wouldn't be able use this method.

Some easier method would help.

seeing second page, I added this entry at the end of ccleaner.ini

CustomLocation1=FIREFOX|E:\MyData\light\Light\Profiles\lightprofile1

and restarted cclener, but nothing new is appearing in my Windows or Applications tabs.

:-(

Thanks.

• Moderators

As for winapp2.ini showing you a ton of new programs you should try the trim.bat file. It's listed near the bottom of post 1 here, you just need to click the toggle box to display the information listed under "ADVANCED USAGE AND TRIMMING". trim.bat will remove programs from winapp2.ini that you don't have installed, saving you a ton of time versus having to do it manually. In other words to use the winapp2.ini file as it is in default form and having too much in it especially things you don't even have installed will only slow down CCleaner.

----------------

If you follow what Nergal stated in post 3 by adding the CustomLocation to your Firefox Lite and if detected it may instead show up using the standard Firefox name in CCleaner, it might not show up as Firefox Lite. If the Firefox boxes are tickable/usable you could right click one of the offered items to clean and choose Analyze from the popup menu to see if anything that can be cleaned is found.

Edited by Andavari
added more info

• Moderators

(sad that the site is saying that I have reached my quota of positive votes for the day" so I couldn't LIKE your post. surprising that I made my account today and didn't like any single post so far, even then my quota is exceeded.)

That feature on the forum is disabled.

If you follow what Nergal stated in post 3 by adding the CustomLocation to your Firefox Lite and if detected it may instead show up using the standard Firefox name in CCleaner, it might not show up as Firefox Lite. If the Firefox boxes are tickable/usable you could right click one of the offered items to clean and choose Analyze from the popup menu to see if anything that can be cleaned is found.

I had added this to ccleaner.ini

CustomLocation1=FIREFOX Light|E:\MyData\light\Light\Profiles\lightprofile1

The folder is my light profile folder, which follows the same nomenclature as standard firefox.

But there is a single entry of FIREFOX appearing, and I do have firefox, so I guess this entry is for main firefox, not for light.

Hope someone would give me entry (even for some other non-standard browser) so that I can convert that to my light entries and add to ccleaner.

Of course, I might have missed it in the long list of winapp2.ini increased no. of entries, but I had a cursory look.

I guess "CustomLocations" entries should appear as separate group in ccleaner so that these are easier to identify by the user.

And whatever name the use has given in "CustomLocations", that exact name should appear in ccleaner to help user identify without ambiguation. Of course the user can give same name, that is users choice and his funeral.

Thanks.

Edited by vsrawat

• Moderators

The entry should cover both just under 1 header that's all

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com