WIndows 10 preview 10041 crash

Skyguy396

Under the previous Win 10 build Speccy would crash the computer and force a restart if I didn't run it in WIn 8 compatibility mode

Under the 10041 build of WIN 10 Speccy crashes the computer and forces a restart no even when I try it in Win 8 compatibility mode. Does not work in Win 10 no matter what, crashes the computer and forces a restart. 

• 5 weeks later...

I believe the problem is with the update to cpu-z/cpuid. Neither it OR the current version of Speccy will run on my Windows 10 machine with an older AMD athlon 64 4000+ processor. Speccy opens,but as processor starts to identify,it forces a close. This problem DOESN'T happen with version 123 with an un-updated cpu identifier. (CPUZ updated the last 2 series for NEWER amd & intel processor's) I DON'T have a problem with 128 on Windows 10 running an Intel chipset with E5200 processor and nvidia GT730 card. The AMD has a Via chipset on a dell mobo,and radeon HD3600 graphics. ALSO the shutdown states the problem is a "page overflow"? (I think) from cpuid x64 on an un managed page? That's what made me try running/looking into cpu in first place. I REALLY appreciate all the work and effort your company put into supplying us with free verions of great software.CCleaner,Speccy,&Recuva have helped me save mine AND mant a friends computer and or files. Hope this might help in some small way, and also let the complainers know that it's not ALWAYS the fault of the company giving you the free item. Sometimes they get updated things that don't play nice. LOL (I should add I ran ver.123 in windows 8 compat mode to be safe from the start.)