CCleaner removing Adblock Plus settings!

SMalik

• Moderators

Adblock Plus for Chrome has issues that being one of them and losing all settings is another! Allot of people have reported it doing what you've posted, and it happened to me and in my case it was not caused by CCleaner in my testing.

I'd recommend If you want to use an adblocking software in any Chrome-based browser you should look into Adblock -  just realize that sometimes when it has an update it may require uninstalling the old version and installing the new version, i.e.; clean install to avoid issues.

Edited by Andavari

It's not Winapp2.ini, it is CCleaner's Google Chrome Internet Cache entry that is deleting "chrome-extension_cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb_0.localstorage-journal" file from C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage

OT: Oh, I think there's an overlap in Winapp2.ini's cleaning routines then, because there's a Local Storage* entry that also deletes these files.

On topic: Add that folder to your exclude paths for the time being and you shouldn't see this behavior anymore. FWIW I think I recall reading that Google doesn't like Chrome Apps/Extensions putting settings in that folder.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

@hollersa,

have you tried running CC without the enhancer, does it still remove your custom filters?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

I have the same problem, all my custom filters in AdBlock Plus are removed after using CCleaner + CCenhancer  :mellow: What do I have to do exactly now?

CCenhancer isn't supported on these forums being that Piriform deem it an unofficial add-on. You could remove CCenhancer and see if the problems continue, or as mentioned previously in the topic input an Exclude into CCleaner in 'Options->Exclude'

all it does is download the same winapp2.ini from it's own server and combine with custom entry (need user input)

so i guess we can answer the same way for people who use winapp2.ini right?? :unsure:

plus it support trimming(beta) which is a good inclusion

removing ccenhancer only will not delete winapp2.ini inside ccleaner folder

so by suggesting to run ccleaner without the enhancer will not solve the problem

to @Hollersa

open ccenhancer > Functions > Delete custom rules

by doing this, you will remove winapp2.ini file from ccleaner folder

run again ccleaner to confirm whether the problem solve or not

• 2 weeks later...