ccleaner.exe /auto is broken in v4.18.4844

nico.cooper

• Moderators

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I'm thinking you guys might still have the registry startup for Active Monitoring in the registry from the previous buggy 4.18 version.

I never used the "previous buggy 4.18 version" I went directly from v4.17.4808 to v4.18.4844 both were the portable version.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run is also clear.

I never used the "previous buggy 4.18 version" I went directly from v4.17.4808 to v4.18.4844 both were the portable version.

Ok, you are using the portable version. Please open the "ccleaner.ini" file and check if the following lines are included and the value is respectively zero:

Monitoring=0
SystemMonitoring=0

Ok, you are using the portable version. Please open the "ccleaner.ini" file and check if the following lines are included and the value is respectively zero:

Monitoring=0
SystemMonitoring=0

Thanks for the suggestion. Both lines were already present and correctly set. Let me know if you need any more information.

I checked the portable version on my system (Windows 7, 64-bit). The command /AUTO works flawless even if the Monitoring feature is enabled. It seems that the Monitoring options are not relevant for the command /AUTO.

I am sorry; I do not have another idea why it does not work correctly on your system. :(

I thought it may be Windows 8 related, but you are using Vista. So only the coder can help now.

I'm using v4.18.4844 portable on a W8.1 64-bit

I set monitoring off as mentioned above

Monitoring=0
SystemMonitoring=0

and the /auto is working fine for me. ("C:\Users\[user]\Desktop\CCleaner Portable\ccleaner.exe" /auto)

I presume you made sure there were no "orphaned" CCleaner processes running in task manager before testing?

• 2 months later...

Monitoring=0
SystemMonitoring=0

Thanks for this help,

CCleaner v5.01 , portable release anyway, still has the problem of Options Monitoring always has Enable Active Monitoring check-marked ON with no way to un-check it, no way to turn it off.  Even dozens of continuous clicks did not get it to change -- OK, so I was frustrated...

These two ini file additions seem to have fixed it.

Now if I could just figure out why it always prompts my firewall to allow internet connection at CC startup, even with Update Check turned off...

Thx.

The Universe is intelligent and friendly 8-)