Beginner's question on basic cleaning

Robbmann

Have been wanting to download and use this for months, as it gets super reviews from those I trust.  So, after installing and running 'Analyze' I get the 'results' display and before I CLEAN/DELETE selected files I notice that there are several program files that I think I need (like Microsoft Office and some Media utilities I use); I'm hesitant to go ahead and 'delete' when I want those programs !  What I cannot tell is if the program is just going to delete unneeded files related to these otherwise useful programs, or, if it is going to delete the whole program, which would NOT be cool.  I tried to find a 'Deselect' option and keep those out of the operations, but I cannot find such an option.  I really need some guidance on this as I'm afraid to operated this utility because I get stuck like this.     Thanks so much

Robbmann

Massachusetts

Just my 2 cents: 

Don't use the registry cleaner unless you are very sure what the entries are, and even then keep the backup file somewhere you can remember. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.