How can I get the old icons back?

GWT

I just upgraded to the new version and while it might look great in Windows 8, I'm still using Windows 7 and they don't have the shadings around the big "C" and the whisk broom, making it look like it doesn't match the rest of the desktop.

Any way of getting a copy of the old desktop icon back?

I can at least save it in the Program file by itself, or have the shortcut icon saved in %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll along with the rest of the ones that I change back to.

A small detail but any help would be most appreciated, thanks

That's what I'm looking for, thanks.

Just a suggestion but maybe you can include it in your next version for those who want to change their shortcut icon to the old one on the desktop. Yes?

• Moderators

there is no "you", we don't work for or personally know the development team.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

very nice - this is going also in 16 bit colordepth :-) why isn´t it in the next version? its usefull :mellow: i have the same opinion as gwt :)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

there is no "you", we don't work for or personally know the development team.

Gee, ya know that was a bit rude.

I also didn't mean "you" to anybody personally, but in the third person tense addressing nobody specifically. If English isn't your native language then that's perfectly understandable.

Also I didn't know the development didn't inhabit these forums (unlike many others) at any time. Good to know for those who aren't here very often.

is there an "easter" version somewhere? :D

has anyone made an icon at easteregg-style?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Actual the developers read every thread they just don't make their presence known.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Gee, ya know that was a bit rude.

Also I didn't know the development didn't inhabit these forums (unlike many others) at any time. Good to know for those who aren't here very often.

More rude is arriving as a stranger and asking for help and saying it will be most appreciated,

and subsequently complaining of rudeness when advised of your mistaken assumptions.

More rude is arriving as a stranger and asking for help and saying it will be most appreciated,

and subsequently complaining of rudeness when advised of your mistaken assumptions.

And I'm really trying to be polite here, but it's tough with people like you. Maybe you should go bully somebody else.

I do appreciate what Andavari and kroozer had to say. Thank you.

Hi, GWT. Welcome. Bit late, but welcome. :D

CCleaner is a good product, and the members and moderators here are (usually) very polite and helpful.

I attribute this immediate unpleasantness to the changing season.

Spring is in the air, and pollen, and allergens, and apparently irritability. :lol:

But what do I know. . . anyway, do keep coming around from time to time, post up your suggestions or requests about CCleaner.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.