1 Billion Downloads

MrG

• Admin

cc_128.pngWe've done it!

At the start of December, CCleaner was downloaded for the 1 billionth time! That's an amazing 1,000,000,000 installations of CCleaner. A milestone that only a few other software titles have hit. (Firefox to name one)

It's been 8 years since we released version 1.0 and with the help of our dedicated users, we've managed: constant improvements, 47 language translations and a massively expanding user base in over 200 countries with over 10 million new installations a month! We can't even calculate the amount of disk space saved.

Thanks again to all our loyal fans, and we'll be announcing some new Cloud and Mobile products in the New Year. :)

View the full blog post

Great news. Couldn't happen to a nicer group of people.

You all deserve it, developers, moderators, everybody. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

And the 1 billionth downloader doesn't even know.

You guys should have included a "Golden Ticket" in that download. You could have awarded him/her at least a free guided tour of the forum.

16q9n.jpg

One billion. Wow, I'm pleased we don't see them all here.

• Moderators

that is indeed a major achievement.

people don't realise just how big a billion is, it gets thrown around too often.

for example;

1 million seconds is about 12 days

1 billion seconds is about 32 years

so again, congrats.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Nicely done!

Since its first release CCleaner has deleted 380 semi-trucks (18 wheeler) packed full of 500GB hard disks.

While it didn't actually remove the trucks or disk drives; the amount of data it has erased would have filled so many drives world-wide you would need 380 trucks to haul it away.

An American Billion downloads is amazing

A British Billion would be awe inspiring.

An American Billion isn't quite worth what it use to be. ;)

Thank you for keeping our computers free of useless files.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming details on the Cloud and Mobile products.

Congrats!

I think this is great. However there seems to be failure among customer service and support. I odered this for my home computer on the 12-3-12 and never recieved registration key so i could not download . Wells Fargo Has proof that piriform took the money. When i called customer service i spoke to someone in Dallas who assured me that support would contact me and that i would get an email confirmingthat a refund has happen. this was to happen yesterday 12-10-12. Today is the 11th I would like for piriform to fix this so that tyou can maintain the high priase you feel you deserve.

HI, clffergy.

Something is wrong here.

You can download Ccleaner for personal use (for free) from here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You don't need a license or key code to download it, and the free version is fully functional.

What you pay for is dedicated support beyond the support offered in the forums.

I hope you didn't get scammed by some cheap imitation. :(

Edit: I am just one of the forum members, not an employee, but I have downloaded from above many times.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Good News A company called cleverbridge has refunded my money. I will try this agian and hope i can get what i paid for. It is interesting that it went to an email account that i hardly ever use. If i had not of checked i would still be bitching.

Cleverbridge does handle the transactions, so you might have gotten the right software after all. That link in post 14 above will get you on the right track to get the paid version, if you were not already there.

Now that its settled, welcome, and hang around and let the forum members and the developers know how Ccleaner is doing.

And bitc# if you feel the need. :lol:

A billion installations does not mean a billion running copies. The number is somewhat less. And what about 1 user who's been with the "program" since day 1, that's perhaps 30 installs right there.

I took all this into account when I did my calculation.

A billion installations does not mean a billion running copies. The number is somewhat less. And what about 1 user who's been with the "program" since day 1, that's perhaps 30 installs right there.

I took all this into account when I did my calculation.

So a billion downloads might give rise to more (say, a gazillion) running installations, right? Mind boggling if you think about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.