ccleaner effects on Windows Restore Points

userABC

It is not clear to me looking at the information provided with Ccleaner whether the Ccleaner program has settings that would prevent the system from effectively utilizing Windows restore points. I can see plainly enough in the menu Tools options that Ccleaner is capable of removing previous restore points, but it is not clear whether the program has the ability to remove information, during its regular cleaning process, which would be necessary for Windows to make use of for a Recovery Point. I understand that Ccleaner apparently would not be allowed to remove the final Restore Point, but I still need to know whether its regular cleaning process removes data required for restoration of previous Restore Points, those prior to the last one.

• Moderators

As per my reply in OP's other simular thread

The Answer is no, there should not be any trouble with System restore points from other cleaning (excluding the registry integrity system which can do lots of things if you aren't careful)

The only thing that might hurt Sys restore points is Wipe Free Space which will fill your drive and cause windows to remove points to regain drive space.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com